PDA

View Full Version : Chest infections

JCrakers
21-06-2012, 07:22 AM
Ive got a mindee with a chest infection..was at home on Monday but attended tues,we'd and today with antibiotics and an inhaler. Shes been fine in herself.
Another mindee arrives today with a chest infection also on antibiotics. He's 17m and very chesty and coughing a lot, bringing up phlegm etc.

Mindees two brothers are sneezing and coughing.
Dd complained last night her chest was hurting :(

I've got nothing in my exclusion lists about chest infections and I don't exclude as long as they can join in normal activities etc.

Can you catch a chest infection? Or is it just the cold that you catch that can turn into one?
My house is like a doctors surgery at the moment. I've got antibiotics, Calpol ,Nurofen and inhalers to dish out.

Bridey
21-06-2012, 07:29 AM
I think it can be both. Different bugs and viruses do different things. However, we are all going to catch this and that throughout our lives, and you can't exclude for everything so you are doing the right thing. You're building up their immune systems! Hope everyone gets better soon.

miffy
21-06-2012, 08:17 AM
Horrible isn't it when you're just in a phase of everyone being ill, seems never ending :(

Not much you can do though as long as they're not running temperatures or too ill to join in.

Hope everyone's better soon

Miffy xx

aly
21-06-2012, 09:40 AM
I've had a bad chest infection that lasted abiout 5 weeks, was on 2nd lot of antibiotics that didnt work and would have had to go for chest xray....the doctor put me on asthma inhlaers last week and I tell you what I am so much better.
I had asthma as a child but grew out of it, im hoping its not a permanent thing but we will see.

x