PDA

View Full Version : Parents!

LittleLegsCM
21-06-2012, 06:55 AM
Do some people really not have any sort of embarrassment (i think thats the best word for it!) when it comes to their kids?!*
The brothers arrived this morning, already hyperactive (wouldn't be surprised if they've already been on the chocolate biscuits & sandwiches as usual!) while mum stands in the kitchen talking about all sorts to waste time as they were early, as per, the boys get louder & louder in the lounge I go in to tell them to calm down to find the 2 YO in the process of using a beanbag and the radiator to try to get to a shelf which is quite high up on the wall! I got him down, moved beanbag and told both to sit down on separate sofas, walk back through to the kitchen (literally next door just walk through the door) mum laughs and says "does T (my boy) not do that yet? Don't worry, my boys will teach him!" :eek: I quickly replied with "not in my house they wont!" which she seemed abit shocked by but seriously, if that was me and they were my kids firstly they would know not to go into someone else home and start mucking about but if they did, I would be telling them off before anyone else got the chance too and certainly wouldn't come out with comments like that while laughing about it!!

jumpinjen
21-06-2012, 07:00 AM
:eek:Well I took my little one to nursery yesterday (I have her Mondays and Wednesdays) and nursery said "oh, is she better, she went home vomiting yesterday?" erm -first that I'd heard of it, Dad didn't even mention it when he dropped her off and thanks for the consideration, adherance to policies and respect for me - oh and they are 21 days late paying as of today - happy days - they leave when the summer hols start - Mum hasn't confirmed when that is yet, and July's invoice due out next week :rolleyes:

Bridey
21-06-2012, 07:04 AM
:eek:Well I took my little one to nursery yesterday (I have her Mondays and Wednesdays) and nursery said "oh, is she better, she went home vomiting yesterday?" erm -first that I'd heard of it, Dad didn't even mention it when he dropped her off and thanks for the consideration, adherance to policies and respect for me - oh and they are 21 days late paying as of today - happy days - they leave when the summer hols start - Mum hasn't confirmed when that is yet, and July's invoice due out next week :rolleyes:

Time to put your foot down ;)

LittleLegsCM
21-06-2012, 07:10 AM

That's awful! I hope you get what your owed soon!

funemnx
21-06-2012, 07:29 AM
The nursery were willing to accept the lo back after vomiting yesterday? :eek: And as for parents not telling.... :mad: I really hope you get your money soon - I bet you're counting the days 'till the end of term!

jumpinjen
21-06-2012, 07:55 AM
Time to put your foot down ;)

I know I know but they're leaving in four/five weeks and I'm doing a bit of 'a Parsley' and waiting it out - the grandparents and Auntie live int he streets round by me and i don't want to mark myself or my setting out for special attention - all this talk of malicious complaints has got me nervous! And I've learned a valuable lesson - never take old mindees you were glad to see the back of back, and never give a discount as a favour, they don't appreciate it - I wish I'd charged full wack now, I'm sure that extra £25 a week would soften the annoyances :D

jumpinjen
21-06-2012, 07:56 AM
The nursery were willing to accept the lo back after vomiting yesterday? :eek: And as for parents not telling.... :mad: I really hope you get your money soon - I bet you're counting the days 'till the end of term!

I queried that with them and they just shrugged and said Dad was surprised that she was ill as she'd seemed fine so they would have her - I suppose for a school setting, that is all paid by the Government funding, they aren't that concerned if all the kids are off ill with vomiting? :mad:

The Juggler
21-06-2012, 08:43 AM

i would have phoned parents immediately to come and collect! and why were nursery accepting her back :panic:

Get tough hon. Call them today and tell them you are upset by yesterday and that you won't have LO again until money is paid up to date and late fees of £5/day will apply as of today

WibbleWobble
21-06-2012, 10:15 AM
I know I know but they're leaving in four/five weeks and I'm doing a bit of 'a Parsley' and waiting it out - the grandparents and Auntie live int he streets round by me and i don't want to mark myself or my setting out for special attention - all this talk of malicious complaints has got me nervous! And I've learned a valuable lesson - never take old mindees you were glad to see the back of back, and never give a discount as a favour, they don't appreciate it - I wish I'd charged full wack now, I'm sure that extra £25 a week would soften the annoyances :D

i am now a verb!!!!!!:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

jumpinjen
21-06-2012, 05:07 PM
i am now a verb!!!!!!:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Hope you don't mind but I understand why you are biding your time!! I SHOULD get tough but I'm not going to!:panic:

WibbleWobble
21-06-2012, 05:23 PM
Hope you don't mind but I understand why you are biding your time!! I SHOULD get tough but I'm not going to!:panic:

i am flattered! :laughing::laughing:

jumpinjen
21-06-2012, 09:39 PM
i am flattered! :laughing::laughing:

They bailed on me tonight as of today - not coming back - :D

WibbleWobble
22-06-2012, 06:48 AM
They bailed on me tonight as of today - not coming back - :D

you lucky lucky so and so........:laughing:

wendywu
22-06-2012, 06:56 AM
[
QUOTE=jumpinjen;1118436]They bailed on me tonight as of today - not coming back - :D

[/QUOTE]

Did you get your money ? :(

jumpinjen
22-06-2012, 06:57 AM
[

Did you get your money ? :([/QUOTE]

That remains to be seen - I have e-mailed another invoice - watch this space!

Jen x

Kats Kids
22-06-2012, 12:06 PM
Good luck - if not small claims court

chocolateyclare
22-06-2012, 12:30 PM
Go through small claims court if you dont get it. Im having to do that at the moment as am owed £700.:angry: