PDA

View Full Version : Some promising news!

sprinkles
20-06-2012, 06:33 PM
After thinking I was going to have to put childminding on hold due to smoke alarms and being quoted £150 for them I've had some promising news today. I questioned the local fire brigade about needing mains connected alarms due to moving and found out I actually only need one mains connected one as I'm in a bungalow, not two like I originally thought as I'm not providing overnight care. I've been quoted £50 to have one fitted which is way better but also waiting on another quote from a friend who said he would do it cheap for me.

Just need to find me some little ones now, can I start advertising yet? :D

sarah707
20-06-2012, 08:06 PM
Happy to hear about the smoke alarms... hopefully your registration will come through quickly once it's done... then you can start advertising :laughing::D

md0u0131
20-06-2012, 08:07 PM
yay fab news x

jaswinder bedi
20-06-2012, 08:16 PM
We had two free smoke alarm fitted by the fire man with huge fire brigade out side our house. :clapping:
All the children had great experience talking to the fire man, wearing helmet, sitting on the seat and we took pictures too. :happy banana:
Did you know you could ring and make appointment to get free smoke alarm fitted and will last for ten years gaurantee.:D

pipandbaz
20-06-2012, 08:21 PM
We had two free smoke alarm fitted by the fire man with huge fire brigade out side our house. :clapping:
All the children had great experience talking to the fire man, wearing helmet, sitting on the seat and we took pictures too. :happy banana:
Did you know you could ring and make appointment to get free smoke alarm fitted and will last for ten years gaurantee.:D

I did this too!

sprinkles
20-06-2012, 09:17 PM

I already have battery ones fitted by fire safety officer but it's a requirement in Scotland they have to be mains connected.

miffy
21-06-2012, 08:18 AM
Good news about the smoke alarm. :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

angeldelight
21-06-2012, 08:20 AM
Things are looking up

:clapping::clapping:

Great news

Angel xx