PDA

View Full Version : phil and teds and taller children

watgem
20-06-2012, 03:55 PM
sorry if this has been asked before but I'm thinking of getting a Pand T to try and reduce the amount of buggies I have. I have 2 very tall for their ages 21/2 year olds, do you think they would fit in one of these please? They both walk a lot however i'm a mile from school so everyday we walk at least 4 miles, so obviously sometimes they get tired or we're in a hurry or its pouring so they need a ride. I have a maclaren twin techno which is fab but harder to push one handed if a 2 year old gets out to walk, and is a bit tricky on the narrower pavements. I have a buggy board but both LO's still tend to have a snooze at some point in the day. I just thought it might be easier to push having a single bar handle. I don't usually have them on the same days, so it would be a baby and toddler, but from photos the P and T doesn't look that roomy, I just wondered what you thought please?

breezy
20-06-2012, 06:31 PM
Cant help I'm afraid but someone with one will know!!

pinkrabbit
20-06-2012, 06:43 PM
I have one and have managed to have two two years old in it. It is a bit snug in the bottom seat but mine have never really minded it. It is so much easier to push than a side by side buggy. Do you know anyone who has one who would lend it to you for a day so you could try before you buy.

Katiekoo
20-06-2012, 06:47 PM
They are sturdy enough, my dd only just got too big for it aged 3 1/2.
I do however mind a quite little 2 yr old and a very big 18 month old - both full time, the 18 month old is tall and big and is already getting too big for the back seat as his bottom makes the seat sag! So he always goes in the front and the little one always goes in the rear, not ideal as I like to be fair and let them swap about!
All in all it does a good job - very good to push, sturdy and flexible.

watgem
20-06-2012, 06:49 PM
thank you I could see if my friend would swap for a day with me, hers is always in the car I've never seen it up lol, and her LO's are wee but that would be a good idea, it does say on their reviews they will take up to age 5 ? I'm just thinking it would be an easier option for when LO's are at that inbetween stage, and the novelty of sitting in the "basket" might encourage them to hop in if we're in a rush, or its chucking it down like it is now:(

blue bear
20-06-2012, 07:01 PM
I wouldnt say they are not roomy, the front seat is Definetly wider than my twin triumph. I have had a fairly tall four(nearly five year old in it) . the back seat isn't really for taller children though, by about three for average height children, their head reaches the bar and so can't recline to sleep.

Mone fight over the bottom seat

fluff1975
20-06-2012, 07:48 PM
My dd went in the bottom seat until she was 3.5 and when she gets the chance she sneaks a ride in the front now. She's aged 5 & average height. Flippin' heavy though!!

I love it and would deffo buy another.

watgem
21-06-2012, 06:42 AM
thank you everyone I'm getting very excited there's loads on ebay, I didn't realise there were so many different versions:)

sweets
21-06-2012, 06:54 AM
i would really try and get an explorer if i were you. ive got the sport version and it has a few points that i hate! mine doesnt automatically lock and you have to squeeze it really tight to be able to lock it manually with the tiny strap thats on it.
its akward to fold as the basket gets in the way!
the reclining is really awkward with loads of straps on the front seat.
the hood is useless.

from what ive seen the explorer seems to have overcome these probs and im waiting for one to come up locally on ebay. they do tend to be more expensive than the sport tho and the back seat doesnt recline at all on the explorer but i suppose its more likely to have atoddler in the back rather than a baby.

watgem
21-06-2012, 07:05 PM
thank you for that advice, they all looked pretty similar to me apart fromcolourways and the Vibe which did look very differentxxx

Jacko81
21-06-2012, 08:09 PM
I have one and have 2 two years olds in it everyday, they fight to be in the bottom seat???? Ha! Also if I only have 1 child my 3.5 yr old daughter jumps in the bottom for a little ride! Great buggy! X

clareelizabeth1
21-06-2012, 08:33 PM
I know most people live them but I hate them borrowed my SILs had a 5
month old in it do ok I was going over grass but it was flat no hill or even mounds. I also found that going up and down steps it just felt like it was going to tip. I also hated the handle could not find a nice position for it. Do try before you buy I am so glad I didn't buy it.

watgem
22-06-2012, 11:06 AM
thank you I will definitely ask my friend if i could try hers first then as its a big expensexxx