PDA

View Full Version : Simply don't get it!

notts
20-06-2012, 11:50 AM
So my lady who was coming to sign on Monday, start Tuesday, 2 boys. 1 preschool, one ft school, didn't on the account that her start date had been delayed for 4 weeks :rolleyes:

Anyway, saw her today at preschool, with both boys so I'm sure I didn't get it wrong but both boys are at preschool. Anyway, she totally blanked me! She stood talking to the woman sat beside me for a good 5 mins and I was eye contacting, smiling, just assuming she would turn to talk to me next but didn't!

I simply don't get it. Everything was so ammicable. I told her not to worry about the job/contract and call again if she needed me. Sh thanked me for being so understanding etc and then this! surely she recognised me? I recognised her.

Anyone else had anything random like this?

So I'm back to no client from potentially full last week. Wonderful :D

Bridey
20-06-2012, 12:03 PM
I'm terrible for faces and often do this sort of thing to people! :blush:

Did she give you a potential start date? Have you contacted her to see if she wants to secure the place with a signed contract and a deposit? If she doesn't then I would start advertising the free space again :(

notts
20-06-2012, 12:08 PM
Do you :laughing:

She said she went into the office Monday, ther person who was training her had been rushed in to hospital so they have delayed her by 4 weeks. She said she was loosing a little faith but will ride it out but because of this, doesn't want to commit to any contract until then.

I find it slightly hard to believe. She came to me last Tuesday and didn't have a job, just wanted a loose chat as she had every intension of getting back to work asap. She didn't even know what she was going to do job wise. Then Wednesday night rang to say she had a job, wanted to start, appreciates that there is paperwork etc, could she come Friday to sign. She then didn't have her rota by then, so postponed until Monday when I got a text in the evening (waiting all day) to say the above. I just can't believe new job, first day and they postpone you, can you?

mama2three
20-06-2012, 12:10 PM
Sounds like shes fibbing to me , and too embarrased to acknowledge you.
Im sure the right family is just around the corner hon ..

notts
20-06-2012, 12:16 PM
Thanks mama2three - but why lie do you think? I can't see what she has got out of it. Thinking about it now, she was very judgemental of other CM's. Said the only one she has ever used (next door but 1) she didn't rate and mentioned other 2 local ones which I didn't know and said 'you're not missing much'. She did say a friend of her was a CM but she only took on full timers, maybe her friend decided to take her on

Ripeberry
20-06-2012, 12:21 PM
She sounds like an ignorant Moo and you had a lucky escape. I'm always wary of clients who moan about other CMs. You just know they will be trouble :rolleyes:
Hope you find a nicer person next time :)

notts
20-06-2012, 12:23 PM
She sounds like an ignorant Moo and you had a lucky escape. I'm always wary of clients who moan about other CMs. You just know they will be trouble
Hope you find a nicer person next time

I'm thinking that way too now

JCrakers
20-06-2012, 12:31 PM
Ive met a few people like this.
One in particular I met at the park. She had dd and I had two mindees,we got chatting and her older dd goes to the school where I pick up from so next few times I saw her we said hello to each other.
Then I was on my way to toddler group with mindees in buggy and she overtook me with hers not acknowledging me at all, then she never spoke to me at toddler group either so I though I'd done something wrong. I smiled at her but she looked right through me
This went on for a few weeks until I saw her at school one morning and she said ''morning" to me with a big smile. I was knocked back :laughing:

I am quite good at recognising people who ive only seen once whereas others arent. I came to the conclusion that she just didn't recognise me maybe?
Wierd :laughing:

notts
20-06-2012, 12:34 PM
I am quite good at recognising people who ive only seen once whereas others arent. I came to the conclusion that she just didn't recognise me maybe?
Wierd

Maybe. We may never know!

Bridey
20-06-2012, 12:37 PM
Maybe she's thinking of registering herself and doing a bit of a reccy for her or her friend?

It all sounds very strange :(

notts
20-06-2012, 12:53 PM
Maybe she's thinking of registering herself and doing a bit of a reccy for her or her friend?

i thought of that too but then thought but why take it so far? she would have got everything she wanted at our first meet, no need to say she had a job and coming to sign.

I wonder if she went to work and decided she didn't want to work afterall :rolleyes:

miffy
20-06-2012, 12:57 PM
She may simply be embarrassed or she could just have wanted your EY number to make a benefit claim or she's registering as a cm herself or she just doesn't know what she wants to do!

Whatever, I'd just carry on advertising your spaces and see what happens - wouldn't hold anything for her

Miffy xx

notts
20-06-2012, 01:24 PM
or she could just have wanted your EY number to make a benefit claim

Never thought about that!

Guess I'll probably never know. It's bugging me though :D

rickysmiths
20-06-2012, 01:42 PM
I personally wouldn't have a place for her now if she rang and I did have places. I would touch such a rude person.

I had a family visit me last October, they were moving to the area and need care from begin of Nov, came to see me definitely wanted to sign and dad said they were so relived to have found me and they would be round to sign contracts on the Wed of half term when they had moved.

I never heard a thing and six weeks later I bunged them an email to see what was going on, no intention of taking them on!! Then I went off to toddlers. Guess who I bumped into!! She went bright red when she saw me :laughing: I spoke to her and she said we have gone to Nursery because we wanted ... to be with more children she is so sociable. ... was just two!!! I just said to her oh well I did explain that I went to toddlers etc so the children were with larger numbers sometimes. :laughing::laughing: I have never seen her at toddlers again but I have bumped into her outside Nursery, she has gone to the lowest graded worst Nursery in town, good luck to them is what I say and I won't do before and after school care for them either let their precious Nursery do that :rolleyes: oh dear they won't will they!!!

Two of us had similar this March extolled our virtues and then told another cm she was the best in town and the laugh was that cm does work the hours and didn't have the vacancies and told them. They kept ringing her and she had to be quite rude to them in the end to get them off her back. The other cm and I then got exactly the same email off them saying they had decided to go to Nursery because they were more flexible with times etc :laughing::laughing::laughing:

It does make you laugh out loud sometimes. Let them go and move on. Take your URN of all info you show prospective parents. :thumbsup:

notts
21-06-2012, 11:39 AM
I personally wouldn't have a place for her now if she rang and I did have places

Yes I think you're right. I always said from the start of this, as my own children are really young, it has to be a 2 way interview. As much as we have to be right for a child/family, they equally have to be right for us. And watching my 3 year old daughter, waiting to engage in conversation (as was I) with someone who she knew recently from 'our' house and then the confusion (as mine) when she was ignored was awful and enough to say no.

Aren't people strange at times!

JCrakers
21-06-2012, 12:24 PM
There's nowt as strange as folk :D

Little Pickles
21-06-2012, 03:46 PM
It drives me nuts when people don't acknowledge you after meeting you , in the last 6 months I have 'met ' a friend of
A friend on 4 different occasions and spoke to her at length the last two times even though she acts like she doesn't know me , when people offer to introduce us she goes along with it ... It's just rude and I shall be walking the opposite direction next time I see her !!!
I have also had people ask me about childminding vacancies who only smile or say hello when the wind is in the right direction - the sort of people who you pass on a narrow path and still dont bother to even acknowledge most of the time.... Strangely enough I have always been full when they have enquired!!!!:laughing:

notts
21-06-2012, 04:34 PM
:laughing::laughing:

Bridey
21-06-2012, 04:46 PM
It drives me nuts when people don't acknowledge you after meeting you , in the last 6 months I have 'met ' a friend of
A friend on 4 different occasions and spoke to her at length the last two times even though she acts like she doesn't know me , when people offer to introduce us she goes along with it ...

Honestly that could be me! :rolleyes:

I have fibromyalgia which affects my memory - particularly for names and faces. There was the time I introduced myself to someone at a social occasion to have them say "I know who you are, we talked for ages last week!" :blush:

A mum on the school run says hello to me every day. She has told me her name at least 5 times now and I still can't remember it!

Little Pickles
21-06-2012, 06:24 PM
Honestly that could be me! :rolleyes:

I have fibromyalgia which affects my memory - particularly for names and faces. There was the time I introduced myself to someone at a social occasion to have them say "I know who you are, we talked for ages last week!" :blush:

A mum on the school run says hello to me every day. She has told me her name at least 5 times now and I still can't remember it!

Aaaaahhh it has a name then .... I think DH must have this as he is shocking with names .... He struggles to attend family gatherings with his own family if I am not there to remind his subtly in his ear of his cousins name etc !!!!:laughing::laughing::laughing:

notts
21-06-2012, 07:45 PM
Stupid, stupid, stupid woman (me) :angry::angry::angry::angry:

I spoke to a friend of mine, her previous childminder. We were very discreet but became apparent the person who she was talking of was this woman so I explained my situation.

Turns out CM looked after 1 of her boys for 6 months and ended up taking her to small claims court for fees. During that time, she threatened her in front of her Son, saying she wasn't doing her job properly as Mum wanted CM to bath her Son as routine and CM refused. Reported her to Ofsted saying that she wasn't doing paperwork etc (clearly this is all one sided what I'm hearing but I believe it) and when it all came out in the wash turns out for 2 years she had been claiming for child care for BOTH sons.

So it seems she was just after my EY number. And stupid, stupid, stupid me, still hadn't changed my displayed certificate with the number removed. :angry::angry::angry::angry:

I'm sure she would have seen it. It's on a notice board in my kitchen. I did leave the room once. But what I can't understand is why take to signing stage if she had the info then? Maybe she didn't and that's still her plan... or was she simply trying to make it look more real.

I feel cheated. I feel my children have been used and all of us cheated in our own home. I feel an idiot for not having removed the number and lazy because I knew I needed to but hadn't been bothered to get the sacnner out yet!!!!

what do I do know guys? how can I make sure she isn't claiming and how long do I give it before I progress with this?