PDA

View Full Version : Do I have to inform Ofsted?

EmmaReed84
20-06-2012, 10:14 AM
Cameron had an accident last night which resulted in a trip to A&E, nothing serious I was not minfding at the time. Do I need to inform Ofsted?

I ask because of another thread said they had an action for not telling Ofsted about a hospital visit totally unrelated to minding.

Bridey
20-06-2012, 10:16 AM
That was a childminder who was suddenly hospitalised for 5 nights herself (I still don't agree with it though!). I really cannot see how what happened to your child in your own time has anything to do with Ofsted.

christine e
20-06-2012, 10:16 AM
No you don't

Cx

rickysmiths
20-06-2012, 10:26 AM
No not if its your own child.

Pipsqueak
20-06-2012, 10:30 AM
Ofsted don't give a hoot about your own child! lol

hope he is ok?
(we care :D)

EmmaReed84
20-06-2012, 10:55 AM
Ofsted don't give a hoot about your own child! lol

hope he is ok?
(we care :D)

:laughing: :laughing: Well that is good to know :laughing:

He is fine now, posted on the A&E thread, he is now the coolest kid today at school lol

blue bear
20-06-2012, 12:35 PM
I'm sure I read they only want to know about serious accidents during working hours and I thought that included anyone nit just customers.
Your littles mans glue session is not a serious accident so it would be no even if he was a mindee.

Helen79
20-06-2012, 01:55 PM
I'm sure I read they only want to know about serious accidents during working hours and I thought that included anyone nit just customers.

ds had an accident while I was working and had mindees here and had to go to a&e but ofsted didn't want to know.
I phoned riddor aswell since it was serious and they took my details but said because it wasn't a mindee then I didn't really need to phone them.

bunyip
20-06-2012, 04:43 PM
I had similar when my grandson walked into a wall on the way to school. They thanked me for ringing and suggested I just review my risk assessment, but actually commented that it was probably "just one of those things".