PDA

View Full Version : parent visit

jumping j
19-06-2012, 08:57 PM
I was shocked to discover that some parents do appreciate our hard work and qualifications.

Had some potential new parents round today, needing care for their lo who starts school in September. Visit went very well and it's looking positive for signed contracts and to start at the end of August.

As they were leaving they mentioned that they had spoken to another childminder who told them that Ofsted had recommended she undertook some training, the CM told the parents that she had never done a days training and didn't intend to start.:eek:

The parents came to me because of the amount of training I have done, they thought it showed a dedication to the job and were impressed at the range of courses I'd been on.

mama2three
20-06-2012, 07:14 AM
I was shocked to discover that some parents do appreciate our hard work and qualifications.

Had some potential new parents round today, needing care for their lo who starts school in September. Visit went very well and it's looking positive for signed contracts and to start at the end of August.

As they were leaving they mentioned that they had spoken to another childminder who told them that Ofsted had recommended she undertook some training, the CM told the parents that she had never done a days training and didn't intend to start.:eek:

The parents came to me because of the amount of training I have done, they thought it showed a dedication to the job and were impressed at the range of courses I'd been on.

Youll be full to bursting Jax , :clapping:
Im chocka from Sept too and beginning to get cold feet!
What a strange thing to tell the parents - she could have said something along the lines of experience being more valuable to put the parents minds at ease!
One of mine visited another cm before me and was told she didnt like doing cooked meals and veg as it made the nappies worse!!
And they wonder why they are struggling for children!

jumping j
20-06-2012, 01:36 PM
I'm looking pretty full for September, even got a couple coming round next week ready for Jan :eek:
I'll be busy for a while but I have 3 lo's that will be off to nursery after christmas so I'll soon be looking to fill their spaces.
Some people say the strangest things, especially with all the emphasis on healthy eating etc.

sarah707
20-06-2012, 05:12 PM
I was chatting to an ex parent earlier about this... she went to see lots of minders before choosing me and said some of the things they came out with were pretty bizarre! :laughing:

Congrats for getting the work now the fun begins! :laughing::D