PDA

View Full Version : Really lost my mojo

sprinkles
19-06-2012, 06:57 PM
My mojo has totally disappeared! I'm still in the registration process but nothing seems to be going right! I've been so excited about getting everything set up and finally leaving this god awful job but I've received another quote for 150 pounds to fit two mains connected smoke alarms so it's looking like that is completely out the window, although I did email CI and ask if they are mandatory as I think it's a huge amount of money to spend for potentially 3 months work. They replied and said they don't advise on smoke alarms (didn't even say if they are mandatory) and told me to contact fire safety officer so I've emailed them. Can guess what they're going to say though :rolleyes:

Then, if I wasn't feeling down enough about everything the little one I had lined up for starting, her mum is going to see another childminder on thursday as she needs someone asap (never told me this when asked if I could take her as she knew it would be roughly August before I would be registered etc).

It's starting to look like I'm going to be stuck in this job for another 6 months til we're moved :( I now don't even have any motivation to do my SCMA training pack or anything :(

Bridey
19-06-2012, 07:12 PM
Do it, do it, do it - just so you can be registered and ready as soon as you have moved :thumbsup:

sarak31
19-06-2012, 07:21 PM
Go for it - don't let the obstacles get you down. Make a list of all the reasons why you want to be a childminder, all the things you think are great about childminding and everytime you feel frustrated about the obstacles in your way look at it and say to yourself in a very loud voice - I CAN DO IT :thumbsup:

sprinkles
19-06-2012, 07:29 PM
Thanks :) I probably wouldn't get much work in my current area anyway as can only offer it for about 3 months before moving but I really don't want to be stuck here for another 6 months :(