PDA

View Full Version : A day of accidents

BuggsieMoo
19-06-2012, 05:19 PM
Well today has been the day of accidents. Following on from this time last week when my DS cracked his head at school and needed to see a dr (fast closure of setting and off we go). Today has been as follows.

DS (a different one) - walks into a lamp post on way to school. Bit of a bump but fine.
DD -gets to school, I get a call at 11 to say another 2 children have dropped a white board on her in the outside classroom and she is now sporting a rather large scratch (i,e forehead to chin) down the left hand side of her face - but other than it being a little bit swollen and a bit ****** (nothing major) she is perfectly fine.
DS (my 3rd son) - I get a call at 1pm to say he fell over at lunchtime and bashed his head - again fine but just calling to advise.

So I think its all happened. How wrong was I?

Get home and 15 minutes before hometime whilst playing in the garden Mindee K and DD run straight into each other bashing heads. Both hit the deck. Mindee K is perfectly fine (accident form filled in and mum notified as head bump) and my DD.........well she now has a black eye on the other side to match the lovely scratch.

Is it bedtime yet!

BucksCM
19-06-2012, 05:23 PM
Here's hoping that your children recover quickly:thumbsup:
I'd also ask the school about an RA for children carrying whiteboards!!:eek:

blue bear
19-06-2012, 05:29 PM
Wow what a day, big hugs for all of you:group hug:

sarah707
19-06-2012, 06:48 PM
Oh dear! I hope they are all feeling better soon xx

miffy
19-06-2012, 08:11 PM
What a day! Hope they're all safely tucked up in bed now.

Miffy xx

lozzy23
19-06-2012, 09:56 PM
This could be a case of wrapping your children in cotton wool, could be a good idea:idea: Hope tomorrow goes better.

EmmaReed84
20-06-2012, 05:29 AM
Oh dear, I thought my day was bad... *Passes over the "Bad Day" choccys* :D

Here is to a better day for everyone... :thumbsup: :clapping:

BuggsieMoo
20-06-2012, 06:18 AM
Well we've been up an hour and no accidents so far :thumbsup:

However, DD (5) is supporting a lovely angry looking scratch and the makings of a cracking black eye on the other side.

Here's to a good day for everyone xx

miffy
20-06-2012, 06:55 AM
Well we've been up an hour and no accidents so far :thumbsup:

However, DD (5) is supporting a lovely angry looking scratch and the makings of a cracking black eye on the other side.

Here's to a good day for everyone xx

Don't speak too soon - might be tempting fate! :D

Your poor dd, hope none of it is too painful for her.

Miffy xx