PDA

View Full Version : It's official - I'm mad - variation granted

lozzy23
19-06-2012, 03:00 PM
I have just heard I have just had my variation granted I will have 4 EY children on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 8am - 6pm:panic:. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

The children on Monday and Tuesday are 3yrs, 2yrs, 21mths and 8mths.
On Friday 2 x 3yr olds, 2yr old and 8mth old. I also pick up 3 schoolies 6yrs, 7yrs and 8yrs on Thursday & Friday.

Am I mad?

Any good advice from anyone who also has 4 EY children welcome.

By the way no wine o'clock at 6pm Friday, I am teetotal (that could change):laughing:

BuggsieMoo
19-06-2012, 04:05 PM
I have just heard I have just had my variation granted I will have 4 EY children on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 8am - 6pm:panic:. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

The children on Monday and Tuesday are 3yrs, 2yrs, 21mths and 8mths.
On Friday 2 x 3yr olds, 2yr old and 8mth old. I also pick up 3 schoolies 6yrs, 7yrs and 8yrs on Thursday & Friday.

Am I mad?

Any good advice from anyone who also has 4 EY children welcome.

By the way no wine o'clock at 6pm Friday, I am teetotal (that could change):laughing:

I at present have (Monday-Friday from 0700 - 1900 some evenings)

DS - 9 years
DS - 10 years
DS - 7 years
DD - 5 years
Mindee K - 5 years
Mindee E - 5 years
Mindee J - 9 years
Mindee E - 9 years
Mindee A - 2 years
Mindee N - 2 years

Its madness but I wouldnt have it any other way. Will be strange when I move and just end up having my own and 2 18 month olds (twins) full time and thats it.

JCrakers
19-06-2012, 04:10 PM
I like to take time out about 2pm, sit in a corner and rock..

Good luck with that :D

Seriously, once you get into the swing of things, get to know each child and their capabilities it gets easier.

The alcohol also helps most night to dull the headache and aching back :D

Carol
19-06-2012, 04:13 PM
How long did it take Ofsted to ok it?
Put my variation in 1st June so wondered how long till I hear

Carol

loocyloo
19-06-2012, 04:14 PM
i have to say, depending upon the children, but i love having 4 EY ... i find the dymanics much easier ( but that might just be my lot!!!:rolleyes::laughing: ) than when i have 3! there is always someone to play with with one wants to play alone!

lozzy23
19-06-2012, 04:26 PM
You are busy BuggsieMoo!

I am sure I will be fine I have looked after baby J's sister for 3 years since she was 8mths old. The mum is a real worrier and can be demanding, but we now sing from the same hymn sheet and I think the world of the family and it would have been really sad if I could not have looked after baby J. It is just getting used to a baby around the house again, he is already crawling and standing up against furniture.

My own children are - DD is 18, DS is 16 and DS is 13. I am sure they will help if I get desperate.

I hope your move goes well. x

lozzy23
19-06-2012, 04:35 PM
Carol

I put my variation in on 30th May, I chased them on Friday (15th June). As e-mail said I would hear within 2 weeks. When I phoned they said it could take up to 28 days. I just said parent wanted to come and get everything prepared, I mentioned we needed to organise a medical plan for his exzema and asthma - for 9th July start date. She said she would put a memo through explaining this and hey presto this morning it was granted.

Lorraine

miffy
19-06-2012, 04:38 PM
Sounds like you're going to be busy, busy, busy!

I'm sure you'll soon get into the swing of things :D

Miffy xx

sophia36
19-06-2012, 04:51 PM
I have 4 in the Ey group and I love it. I hardly have time to draw breath but it sure does make the day go by quick.

I have 11month old, 14month old and 2 x 20 month old on a Tuesday and Thursday and a 11month old, 2 x 20 month old and a just 2 year old on a wednesday.

It hasn't stopped me going out to groups, parks etc I just have to be extremely organised!

One thing I definately know though is that there is no way on Gods green earth I would mind more than this at one time even if the current plans for bringing the cost of childcare down mean that I could have more!!

Carol
19-06-2012, 04:52 PM
Carol

I put my variation in on 30th May, I chased them on Friday (15th June). As e-mail said I would hear within 2 weeks. When I phoned they said it could take up to 28 days. I just said parent wanted to come and get everything prepared, I mentioned we needed to organise a medical plan for his exzema and asthma - for 9th July start date. She said she would put a memo through explaining this and hey presto this morning it was granted.

Lorraine

Thanks.........mine isnt till 3rd September so might hear July then!!!!!!

lozzy23
19-06-2012, 05:00 PM
Thanks JCrakers, Loocyloo and Miffy

I have looked after all the other EY children from when they were between 8 -11 months old, so I know them all really well and they are all absolutely lovely and adore eachother (I am so lucky):clapping:

Mum of baby J knows my routine and has got him into that routine, sleeps, feeding etc, so that will be a big help.:thumbsup:

Do you know what, I am looking forward to it, I might need to rock on occasions and have a sneaky bar of dairy milk, but I will never be bored;)

Thanks all

lozzy23
19-06-2012, 05:06 PM
I will have a rest day on Wednesday, only 3 in the EY group!:laughing:

blue bear
19-06-2012, 05:27 PM
I have 4 in ey group 4 days a week it's lovely, they are all best friends and now they are bigger 2x3 yr olds and 2x2 year old easier and more fun as we can get out and about much easier.

I have mine all on reins and we walk together holding hands, (no buggy now), lots of comments about me taking huskies for a walk from passer by's

Mouse
19-06-2012, 05:34 PM
I have 4 EY children 3 days a week, 3 children one day a week...and a much needed day off on a Friday :laughing:

I love having 4, but some days I send them all home, get my PJs on and fall asleep on the sofa :D

CH1957
19-06-2012, 06:56 PM
I also had my variation granted yesterday (after they lost my form!!) for 4 LO's on Tuesdays and Thursdays. They are 22 months, 19 months, 12 months and 6 months!!!
It was my first day today with them all and it went really well but I am tired now!!