PDA

View Full Version : Food Safety online course!!!!

Carol
19-06-2012, 01:13 PM
Just checked and need to update my food safety course.
Has anyone done their course online?
Was looking at Virtual college, has anyone any other experience please

Carol

stargazer1
19-06-2012, 01:27 PM
Hi, I did mine online through Virtual College and it was fine. They send certificate in the post and inspector said it was perfectly acceptable and was glad that I had taken it upon myself to do it. Doesnt take long. I think if you book it via the forum too the forum earns a commission. Someone correct me if I am wrong? x

Carol
19-06-2012, 01:30 PM
Thanks
Just need to know how to book it through the forum please?

Carol

stargazer1
19-06-2012, 01:35 PM
There used to be a sticky with the link to it, cant find it at the mo, will keep looking x

miffy
19-06-2012, 01:36 PM
There is a quick link to the food hygiene course at the bottom of the page but not sure if that is the one you're looking at

Miffy xx

Carol
19-06-2012, 02:04 PM
There is a quick link to the food hygiene course at the bottom of the page but not sure if that is the one you're looking at

Miffy xx

Will have a look thanks xx

christine e
19-06-2012, 03:10 PM
I did this one a couple of weeks ago - printed my own certificate and took advantage of 10% forum discount at that time and it only cost £16.20 - found it easy to navigate and was all done in a couple of hours - def recommend

Cx

mushpea
19-06-2012, 03:14 PM
I did mine online for £25, there were cheaper ones but they were only leval one and you need to have a leval two,

Carol
19-06-2012, 03:18 PM

Miffy xx

Will have a look thanks xx

sarah707
19-06-2012, 05:03 PM
There is a link on the forum home page at the top :D

hectors house
19-06-2012, 08:29 PM
I didn't realise you had to repeat the course - I did mine about 4 years ago with Switch training, my certificate hasn't got an expiry date like the First Aid certificate for training I did with same company.

How long is the certificate valid for?

justdaz
19-06-2012, 08:33 PM
I have just done on line, easy to navigate and complete.
I did this as each time I had my Early Years Training Programme through and phoned to book I was told they were already full. My DO has told me that it is fine for this time but MUST attend a course next time!!:(

blue bear
19-06-2012, 08:53 PM
The certificates do not have an end date on as they do not expire and do not have to be renewed, I was advised to keep my knowledge up by reading up on the Internet.
To be honest it's good practice to renew every three years, that way you can be sure you know about any changes. I did two actual courses with switch training then this time did the on line one through the forum, to be honest the online one gave just as much information as the other two and took half the time.

hectors house
20-06-2012, 07:30 AM
Thank you fifi

I did like doing the switch training course as it was aimed specifically at childcarers rather than people working in commercial kitchens - but I re-did my first aid course with them last year and the instructor was terrible, didn't feel that I learnt anything new. May give an on-line one a go.

Also although I had a form to fill in from food hygiene people 3 years ago, which I did fill in and send back - I have never had an inspection, I just assumed that because they had sent letters to every childminder in county that they had a back log, but newly registering minders have had inspection. Should I contact them or just keep quiet, as read on forum that possibility that we won't have to be inspected anyway?

christine e
20-06-2012, 08:16 AM
I did mine online for £25, there were cheaper ones but they were only leval one and you need to have a leval two,

The one that Pauline posted about is level 2 and is £15 plus VAT if you print your own certificate
http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=99612&highlight=food+hygiene

Cx

fluff1975
20-06-2012, 08:41 AM
I did mine with virtual college. £18 inc vat and I printed my own certificate (was £10 to have one posted out!!)