PDA

View Full Version : daily diaries

VINASOL
19-06-2012, 11:32 AM
Do you write in the daily diary that child has been biting, pinching and pushing? At hte moment mum is not doing pick up or drop off and I have to pass messages via the grand-mother:angry:

Mindee is 18m old.

blue bear
19-06-2012, 11:38 AM
I write as much as I can that includes unwanted behaviour, but at 18 months it's not like child is being deliberately nasty it's just a stage so would be careful how I wrote it iykwim

stargazer1
19-06-2012, 01:29 PM
I agree with Fifi. If my older mindees are disruptive, I normally speak to parent on pick up. But I have one mindee that grandparent collects so I have mentioned it in diary for that mindee and asked mum to come and speak to me when she has chance. But at 18 months, mindee probably doesnt yet understand fully their actions, so probably wouldnt address it as a problem just yet? x

miffy
19-06-2012, 01:32 PM
If they are causing injury to another child then I would be writing an accident report for the injured child and an incident report for the child doing the biting/pinching or whatever - parents would have to sign it so yes, I would speak to the mother.

Miffy xx

Boris
19-06-2012, 01:35 PM
I tend to try to stick to positives in the diary and talk about any negatives at pick up time. I think it's easy to misunderstand or take things the wrong way when they are in the written form.

Boris
19-06-2012, 01:38 PM
:blush: sorry just read that Grandma is doing pick up! I would mention it to Grandma (but if she's anything like the Grandma's of my mindees she will think her little angel can do no wrong and brush it off, making you feel like a muppet!), if it's a bit problem I would phone or text mum and ask for a chat.

loocyloo
19-06-2012, 07:10 PM
i have a gran who does all drop offs & pick ups )(drives past LO front door, then mine on her way to work!)

i do tell gran everything, just as i would mum/dad and i know she passes info on, i also write a message in daily diary if i need to make sure i've told parents something, or ask them to call me. LO is being a bit of a pickle at the moment and i am writing the more 'delightful' incidents in the diary, but equally trying to keep it as positive as i can. last week i did seem to write 'loocyloo was sad when i XYZ' several times! ( i then make sure i write what consequence there was for LO - sitting out of play for 2 minutes, etc )

kellib
19-06-2012, 07:17 PM
I write it in the diary and tell the person who is picking up also. I had an 18 month LO who bit another LO and he knew exactly what he was doing so parents were told and it was in the diary.

Today I had a 2 year old who was throwing toys across the room in a tantrum, again that went in the diary and Mum was told at pick up too. I also write in the diary how I handle such incidents and always try to make sure that I say something positive about how LO responded.

Baildon bears
19-06-2012, 07:38 PM
I had a situation where Grandma was picking up and Mum got quite upset when I discussed anything with Grandma, I remember one instance, I had a ride on tractor and I said to mum 17month old mindee likes to push it from behind rather than sit on it, I did not mean it in a negative way and would not expect him to be sitting on the dam tractor, but that night I had a phone call from mum asking if there was something wrong with his development:eek:. From then on I was careful what I said with grandma and rang mum if I had any issues. No longer have that child thankfully:D