PDA

View Full Version : First aid

SonnysMummy
07-06-2008, 05:38 PM
I am pre-reg and i don't think i need to do another first aid course now as i have one that is valid until June 2009...so another year. It's with St John's ambulance and is in early years...done over 2 days.
The thing is i know that i will need to do one before this one runs out and when i was on the ICP course today the tutor said that they get booked up and i should get booking one now.
I went on the st john's ambulance website and they don't have any for next year...but they do for next month!!! The latest they have one near me in the next year is october. Is this because they won't have arranged the courses for next year yet or that they are already booked up?
Should i wait for my training folder once i'm registered and try to book one then...or book one for october???
£85 seems so expensive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

breezy
07-06-2008, 06:01 PM
try your local college, I did mine over 6 weeks of evenings for £55 last year, through my local college evening classes.
they told us that if they are ever contacted by a group of 10 or more people they will put on a course for you!!

sarah707
07-06-2008, 06:29 PM
I'd be tempted to update myself if I got the chance...

There are some new breath to compression figures since you last did your course...

I hope you find a good one close by - I would ask your local CIS :D

SonnysMummy
07-06-2008, 07:14 PM
To be honest with you, i really can't afford to pay for one right now...and as i don't have to do one until June next year, i'm hoping i'll be earning enough money by then. Do you think i'll get on one if i look to book it in the next few months, once i'm registered?

Kelly:)

sarah707
07-06-2008, 07:20 PM
No idea!

I booked mine last November... and it's next month...

I don't know what it's like in your area for getting on courses though... sorry! :D