PDA

View Full Version : Coughs and Colds

VINASOL
19-06-2012, 09:01 AM
What does your policy state about coughs and colds.

I've a lo here (2 1/2) who is nothing but coughing...it's continous and he's coughing all over the toys, his brother and another little mindee. His younger brother has a green runny nose that I'm wiping every 2 seconds!!:angry: Mind you, other midnee is not much better in that she has a terribly croaky voice

mindingmummy
19-06-2012, 09:03 AM
Well im sat here with a cold and so is my daughter, mind you so are both mindees!

Im of the opinion that you cant avoid a cold however hard you try!

yuk

AliceK
19-06-2012, 09:10 AM
My policy states that I will accept children with coughs / colds providing they are well enough to carry on with our usual day. If they are too ill to do the school / nursery runs (which we walk to), go to toddlers or anywhere else we might go out to then they should be at home.

xxxx

AgentTink
19-06-2012, 09:55 AM
My policy states that I will not accept a child who is persistantly coughing and sneezing and is not old enough to cover their mouths and noses. I state this is because I am unable to stop the spread of infection, and also if a child is coughing or sneezing every few minutes then in my opinion they are not well.

I always base it on if I was that bad what would I be doing, and if i had a persistant cough and constant sneezing then I would be at home filled with cold medicine.

In my opinion there is a big difference between a cold that we all catch and persistantly cough/sneezing. I have only had a few instances of the persistantly cough/sneezing and each time I have sent home for the day. Normally child is much better the next day after having som medicine an time at home.

mrs robbie williams
19-06-2012, 09:55 AM
she came yesterday and looked absolutely terrible, told mum id have her but would ring her if she got worse, she slept most of the day bless her, gave her ibroprofen as instructed by mum she perked up a little bit in the afternoon but didnt eat all day which is most unlike her. Today she looks a bit better but still pretty rough, is asleep agin and hasnt eaten, has cough mixture today which ive given her. Its so hard because although she is fine here as today its just her and yesterday was only a cross over of a couple of hours with other mindee, she would obviously rather be at home with mum but i do understand its hard for mum to keep taking time off when lo not well. My policy states d&v is a no no but if can still can join in with daily activities with a cold/cough or whatever then i will accept xx

FussyElmo
19-06-2012, 10:21 AM
she came yesterday and looked absolutely terrible, told mum id have her but would ring her if she got worse, she slept most of the day bless her, gave her ibroprofen as instructed by mum she perked up a little bit in the afternoon but didnt eat all day which is most unlike her. Today she looks a bit better but still pretty rough, is asleep agin and hasnt eaten, has cough mixture today which ive given her. Its so hard because although she is fine here as today its just her and yesterday was only a cross over of a couple of hours with other mindee, she would obviously rather be at home with mum but i do understand its hard for mum to keep taking time off when lo not well. My policy states d&v is a no no but if can still can join in with daily activities with a cold/cough or whatever then i will accept xx

Be careful with giving them cough mixture as you are not supposed to give it to children under 6 even though you can buy it of the shelf.

As the others said it depends on how the child is :thumbsup:

VINASOL
19-06-2012, 10:33 AM
child is ok...didn't want to do anything at all yesterday and as I only had the sibligns yesterday it was fine and we had a sofa day. He's not doing too much today excetp coughing and coughing; he looks really tired too. Will see how i get on...only have them until 4pm so might try to hold out....gonna have to clean ALL the toys this afternoon thoguh