PDA

View Full Version : Fighting a losing battle

AliceK
19-06-2012, 06:59 AM
Do you ever just feel like you are banging your head against a brick wall, fighting a losing battle and feel like giving up with it all :angry:

Mornings like this morning watching the load of tosh on TV and then probably no doubt it being all over the papers as well make me feel like this. I am very demotivated about it all at the moment :( I don't feel like anyone is listening because they just don't understand.

xxxx

Pipsqueak
19-06-2012, 07:05 AM
don't get demotivated... get mad and even and join the campaign..

start writing to your MP, send them the links to the e-petition, forward that onto your CDO and colleagues....

fight back!

I know what you mean - I have just heard on the news Cameron's idea of having schools open till 8pm to help parents access more affordable childcare.

Great a) who will be mannng these schools
b) lovely children stuck in schools from potentially 7.30am till 8pm at night
c) eyfs rammed down their throats at that time...
d) kill small private providers like us!!

frightening

AliceK
19-06-2012, 07:12 AM
don't get demotivated... get mad and even and join the campaign..

start writing to your MP, send them the links to the e-petition, forward that onto your CDO and colleagues....

fight back!

I know what you mean - I have just heard on the news Cameron's idea of having schools open till 8pm to help parents access more affordable childcare.

Great a) who will be mannng these schools
b) lovely children stuck in schools from potentially 7.30am till 8pm at night
c) eyfs rammed down their throats at that time...
d) kill small private providers like us!!

frightening

I've done all that. Signed petitions, forwarded them on, written letters etc. As for colleagues, the few childminders around here who I have spoken to about it don't seem to care :(

xxx

watgem
19-06-2012, 07:13 AM
my poor friends and family I've just a rant about it on FB I just wish my DO would come on board, especially as she's wondering why I'm refusing to become accredited and do EYPS because I really don't think its going to be worth it if deregulation happens, and yes I feel demotivated too because I love my job so much and have worked so hard and sacrificed so much and now it seems like it may all have been for nothing:(

AliceK
19-06-2012, 07:16 AM
my poor friends and family I've just a rant about it on FB I just wish my DO would come on board, especially as she's wondering why I'm refusing to become accredited and do EYPS because I really don't think its going to be worth it if deregulation happens, and yes I feel demotivated too because I love my job so much and have worked so hard and sacrificed so much and now it seems like it may all have been for nothing:(

Exactly. I will be gutted if this happens and I hate that parents are moaning about paying us "so much". I am NOT giving up on the campaign and I will continue to fight but days like today make me realise just how little people understand about what we do and why we do it.

xxxx

watgem
19-06-2012, 07:25 AM
me neither Alice I've signed the petition and encouraged others to sign it and have written to my MP(not heard back yet) really feeling down about it all

JCrakers
19-06-2012, 08:47 AM
I'm getting fed up of it too. I'm just starting to become accredited but I'm wondering why I'm even bothering because no one understands what childminders do.will I really have a more professional status? will people start taking me seriously? Will the local school look at me in the same eyes as the preschool....no they won't because at the end of the day I am just a childminder :(
When I have parents round half of them haven't even heard of eyfs and even if they have they don't realise I have to do it and are most surprised.
A recent comment I got from a parent whose little one used to go to nursery (but fees too high) said
' wow, you do a lot here don't you, she never did this much at nursery'

Damn right, stick that in your pipe and smoke it :laughing:

As for schools opening until 8pm...who's that going to help?? Children are there from 9am..why would they want to stay there until 8pm...very strange :rolleyes:

watgem
19-06-2012, 10:25 AM
i agree crackers and where's the money going to come from to pay the people that care for these poor children in school until 8 o'clock? and can you imagine poor little 4,5,6,7 even 8 year olds having to spend that much time in an institutionalised environment? whatever happend to every child matters?