PDA

View Full Version : diploma home visit re equal opps activity

jadavi
18-06-2012, 09:39 PM
Hi I wonder if I could pick your brains and apologies if this has been asked oodles of tomes but I couldnt find it under search...

My diploma tutor wants to watch me run an actiivity on equal opps based on the children's interests. Could I read a few books which are equal opps based? I will have a one and a two year old .... any other ideas?

thanks in advance!

jadavi
18-06-2012, 10:15 PM
They both love me playing guitar and singing...could i do a number of equal opps songs? Which songs though?

sarah707
19-06-2012, 06:52 AM
Guitar and songs from around the world sounds lovely! :D

funemnx
19-06-2012, 10:47 AM
"Frère Jacques" ?

jadavi
29-06-2012, 06:06 PM
Has anyone else had to do this for their diploma?

singingcactus
29-06-2012, 06:55 PM
Equal opps or diversity? If it's equal opps then laying on an activity where you clearly show how you differentiate the activity to suit both ages and stages of your two would work. Show you you can include both children interests within one activity, or include one child in another child's interests and vice versa ensuring you are clear with how you have altered each activity to cater for each child.

If it is a diversity activity then songs would work well, or stories - handas surprise is a really simple one cos you can include the younger one by providing the real life fruit for him/her to touch while you tell the story etc.