PDA

View Full Version : What to do?

Demonjill
18-06-2012, 03:04 PM
I had siblings - one was preschool and one at school they were just on a temp contract and they finished last week.
I gave a finish up letter saying that if they needed me in the future just to give me a shout....

...well Parent has just asked me today if i would look after them next wk for 2 days as a one off - well this is fine but what i was wondering was

What do i need to sort out as i have all info emergency contacts etc in place already
Do i need to fill out one of my contracts for 2days??? they are not cheap!! or can i just fill out a duplicate and we both sign the agreement?

What have you all done in these circumstances??

fionamal
18-06-2012, 03:30 PM
I have just typed up a wee note and both sign it and attach to original contract

rickysmiths
18-06-2012, 03:31 PM
I never use short term contract for this very reason. I use ordinary ones so they are still valid if the parent comes back.

Not sure what you need to do except make sure you have a contract in place.

Bridey
18-06-2012, 03:31 PM
As Fionamal, attach a note to the contract :)

The contract is there to protect you and the parent - its not legally required like the rest of the paperwork.

caz3007
18-06-2012, 03:40 PM
I had this and typed up a letter stating the hours, and amount to be paid and that all permissions and signed documents held on file stood. It was for one day and mum and I were happy with this

~Grasshopper~
18-06-2012, 03:40 PM
you dont even need a written contract hun. just permissions and child records, i only have these for sibling i have occasionally.

i would just take them. x

Demonjill
18-06-2012, 09:28 PM
I had this and typed up a letter stating the hours, and amount to be paid and that all permissions and signed documents held on file stood. It was for one day and mum and I were happy with this

This is what I am sure i will do ..thanks:)

Demonjill
18-06-2012, 09:30 PM
I never use short term contract for this very reason. I use ordinary ones so they are still valid if the parent comes back.

Not sure what you need to do except make sure you have a contract in place.

This would be fine if they were doing exactly same hours /days as the contract states but they are not so will just treat it as if they have altered their hours temp