PDA

View Full Version : letter from ofsted

loocyloo
18-06-2012, 11:37 AM
i wrote to my MP and copied in sir micheal wilshaw.

i have just received the attached letter ... not sure what it actually says apart from no immediate plans to deregulate!

Daftbat
18-06-2012, 11:59 AM
Yes, I read it that way too.

I must admit that I seem to have seen a bit of a tidal wave appear regarding this deregulation issue which I am not sure has been helpful.

As I see things there is a review going on which will take some time to be completed and in the meantime there is no real threat to me becoming de regulated. I can understand the issues regarding the costs of inspecting child minders in comparison to other suppliers but this doesn't automatically mean that we know the outcome. Lets face it if we were deregulated then the outcry in the event of a child protection issue being raised would be enormous.

There have been lots of dire warnings about us operating in the same way as the Scandinavian example - however, from what I have read all that is happening is that it is being looked at as a reference point. Good points of other systems could be beneficial to us - we don't have to adopt them all.

Anyway - off soap box now!!!!:D

Katiekoo
18-06-2012, 01:03 PM
They seem to think we shouldn't care because it's not going to happen right away, what a fob off! Not at all reassuring.

jackie 7
18-06-2012, 06:08 PM
I would worry that they hope we forget about it and bring in changes slowly hoping no one notices.