PDA

View Full Version : Colds

Helen Dempster
18-06-2012, 09:50 AM
I feel so rough today! I've caught a cold from one of the little ones and didn't have much sleep cos of it last night. Feel rotten. I'm still working, as it's only a cold, but.... all I want is to get under my duvet and go to sleep. Got 2 mindees (2yo and 9mo) today, and then 3 after school. Was going to go out for some fresh air, but the weather here is pants. It's at times like this I wish I could just pick up the phone and say "sorry, can't come into work today".

No need to reply, I'm just feeling sorry for myself today :(

Little Pickles
18-06-2012, 09:55 AM
I feel so rough today! I've caught a cold from one of the little ones and didn't have much sleep cos of it last night. Feel rotten. I'm still working, as it's only a cold, but.... all I want is to get under my duvet and go to sleep. Got 2 mindees (2yo and 9mo) today, and then 3 after school. Was going to go out for some fresh air, but the weather here is pants. It's at times like this I wish I could just pick up the phone and say "sorry, can't come into work today".

No need to reply, I'm just feeling sorry for myself today :(

Just wanted to wish you a speedy recovery ! Being self employed sucks when you feel like this doesn't it !
Hope that you feel better soon :)

~Grasshopper~
18-06-2012, 10:05 AM
me 2 hun. i felt so ill yesterday and dp went playing golf leaving me with our 2 boys aged 2 and 4. i had an assignment to do, learning journals and planning and all the house work and washing ect. my head feels less foggy today though, i do find all in one cold capsules help a lot.

big hugs, hope your better soon x

cupcake22
18-06-2012, 10:53 AM
It always amazes me when parents & their childen have a cold they dump the child on us & then go home to bed. We just solider on regardless. Hope you feel better soon.

Cupcake22

Bridey
18-06-2012, 11:16 AM
My mum told me that the doctors at the surgery she worked at took DayNurse cold capsules so they could cope with the working day. I have found them very useful myself but I wouldn't recommend the NightNurse ones - I didn't feel properly awake for the whole day after taking two of those the night before!

blue bear
18-06-2012, 11:30 AM
We can share paracetamol! I've been bombarded with germs this last month, one mindee after another it was only a matter of time before I came down with it. I've got ear infection too and every time I bend feels like someone stabbing me in my ears.
hugs x