PDA

View Full Version : EYFS training....

venus89
07-06-2008, 02:26 PM
... I feel very smug as I did this this morning (although I only got 1 cup of tea because the hot water ran out!!), and even smugger because I think I do nearly everything already (phew!). Another course out the way, the next one is going to be the observations......

Oh, and I learnt 4 childminders in my town are retiring soon (good news for me - apparently there are 1700 in Kent so I could do with a bit less competition).

Anyway, i just wanted to say that the EYFS is not as scary as you'd think x

bluestar
07-06-2008, 03:47 PM
Glad you found the EYFS not too scary- its become my new bedtime reading
:D

piglet1973
07-06-2008, 05:07 PM
i did eyfs course last month it was one of the first ncma did and it was an absolute shambles totally unorganised and ladies doing it didnt have a clue!!!! i was very dissapointed with the course it took 2 saturdays! only good thing about course was i do most of it anyway. lots of minders had questions they could not answer!!!!!!

venus89
07-06-2008, 05:10 PM
i did eyfs course last month it was one of the first ncma did and it was an absolute shambles totally unorganised and ladies doing it didnt have a clue!!!! i was very dissapointed with the course it took 2 saturdays! only good thing about course was i do most of it anyway. lots of minders had questions they could not answer!!!!!!

I was lucky - ours was just a 3 hour job this morning and the lady doing it is very competent - she did my ICP course too..... But some people there had been to one already and it had lasted less than an hour, during which time they weren't even allowed to open the packs :eek: