PDA

View Full Version : Sharing planning with parents

md0u0131
17-06-2012, 09:15 PM
Have been reflecting on the way I do things. One thing I don't think I do very well at the moment is sharing planning with parents. I am under the understanding this will be a bigger part of the new EYFS so am just having a think on how I do things and looking for other ideas.

Currently...

- I write a monthly newsletter - in it I have the highlights of the month just gone and ideas of things we may do in the coming month.
- On my website are a list of the months and the topics we do - so we're on transport at the moment for example.
- Daily diaries - what we did that day
- Learning journals - obv have planning in.

How do you lot do it? How can you get parents to contribute to planning?

Was toying with the idea of having a piece of paper up in my hallway almost like a weekly timetable - but our days tend to go with the flow so what I may think we'll do we don't usually end up doing as the kids lead the way.

jumpinjen
17-06-2012, 09:23 PM
I go through dev matters with them every few months and we make some focus areas together as planning which I document and parent signs and I take into account when doing my weekly planning - parents have in the past contributed resources and artefacts for themes and topics and we have built plans around them

jen x

miffy
17-06-2012, 09:24 PM
One of the main ways is just talking to parents about what they have been doing with their children, new things the child's done etc - all my mindees are part time so I might only see them one or two days a week and they are with parent the rest of the time. I note down whatever parents tell me and use that to inform planning.

Daily diaries also give lots of info if parents fill them in (some do, some don't).

I do newsletters too but this is more general stuff like what celebrations we're covering or trips we're going on.

Miffy xx