PDA

View Full Version : is it easy to start up an assistant?

fishbones1
17-06-2012, 07:06 PM
Hello all,

I am looking into going down the assistant route, due to a friend (who used to work with children) who would like to start working again. She has been approached by a friend to have her child, and I suggested if it needs to be sooner rather than later to maybe become my assistant to get the ball rolling. it will also help me out as I have a current child whose mum has had a second child and wants me to have her and it will just be a bit of relief for me if i had a hand!! (sorry waffling)

Anyway back to my original question, how easy is it to get the ball rolling etc. I have read a few articles but still seem unsure!!! (it is sunday evening afterall) lol

cheers for reading xx

Rebecca Foster
27-06-2012, 06:12 AM
Hi

It was pretty straight forward, all you need to do is contact ofsted and get them to send you the correct paper work or ( down load off the website). They will send out an assistant application form, Verification form and CRB.

Just remember if you are applying for an assistant so you can increase your numbers, you also need to apply for a variation. I made this mistake!

Hope this Helps

Rebecca:clapping: