PDA

View Full Version : Work Experience

melissakate
17-06-2012, 06:26 PM
Hi i am due to have a work experience girl starting next week. Is there any thing i should get her to sign or fill in or any advice. It is a girl who helps me at brownies each week so i know her well.
Melissa:)

clorogue
17-06-2012, 06:56 PM
Hi just wondered how old the girl was and is it through school? If it was through the school, at our school no one was allowed to go to someone who worked from home. But your situation may be completely different.

melissakate
17-06-2012, 06:58 PM
Yes she is from school she is 16. they know i work from home.

clorogue
17-06-2012, 07:03 PM
Probably is different because maybe they know you are CRB checked. Just had a thought though, would you have to inform Ofsted and would she have to have a CRB because she is in your home for a week and she is 16 - anyone know?

Zoomie
17-06-2012, 07:34 PM
You also need to have employee cover (£5 through NCMA, if you are with them, but sure MM do it too).

tammys-tots
18-06-2012, 06:04 PM
Hi i am due to have a work experience girl starting next week. Is there any thing i should get her to sign or fill in or any advice. It is a girl who helps me at brownies each week so i know her well.
Melissa:)

Hi, i had a girl from school last year on work experience, i rang ofsted to inform them but she was under 16, i would check with them if they need to do a CRB. ive had emails from uni asking if they could have a placement here ive said no because they were over 16. Insurance with NCMA and MM is free but you do need to ring them to obtain a certificate. The school sent someone round my house to do a risk assessment which i thought was strange seeing as i have piles of written risk assessments.

melissakate
18-06-2012, 07:00 PM
Thank you for all your help.:)

clorogue
18-06-2012, 07:33 PM
You are so welcome. Sometimes you just want to help someone out - and then it is not as easy as it seems! Good Luck!