PDA

View Full Version : Planning again

notts
17-06-2012, 11:08 AM
how many of the learning goals do you plan to meet each week?

In the IHP course it was suggested, one per week which would fit nice with school terms. Yet my ofsted inspector suggested I should be meeting 2 per week.

Whats your views? I'm not sure if I'm using the right terminology ....

miffy
17-06-2012, 11:24 AM
Lots depends on how often you have a child - if you only have them one day a week then one planned activity (if that) is enough.

You'll find activities can cover lots of areas of development anyway. Don't stress about it - you can plan things only for them to go out of the window if a child wants to do something else.

Miffy xx

notts
17-06-2012, 11:28 AM
Thanks Miffy.

I have a child who is at preschool starting, starts full term school in sept. I am planning to do a mid-term plan to cover up till sept, then a weekly plan that i'll give to parents each week. (until tomo I still don't know how many days he will be here)

Am I right in thinking that I give plans to parents?

sarah707
17-06-2012, 06:17 PM
From September 2012 the following will apply -

Wrap around and holiday providers - Eyfs 2012

1.3 Wrap around (care offered before and after a school day, e.g. by an after school club or by a childminder) and holiday providers (provision exclusively in the school holidays) should be guided by, but do not necessarily need to meet, all the learning and development requirements. Practitioners should discuss with parents and/or carers (and other practitioners and providers as appropriate) the support they intend to offer, seeking to complement learning in settings in which children spend more time.

Hth :D

notts
17-06-2012, 07:56 PM
interesting :thumbsup:

I soo need to get to grips with the new eyfs. Someone said our area still awaiting training, I will embrace that!

miffy
17-06-2012, 08:54 PM
interesting :thumbsup:

I soo need to get to grips with the new eyfs. Someone said our area still awaiting training, I will embrace that!

Training for Notts (area not you personally :D) is not due until September, after revised EYFS comes into force but it is being discussed at the next NCMA local meeting in July.

Miffy xx

notts
18-06-2012, 07:24 AM
Training for Notts (area not you personally ) is not due until September, after revised EYFS comes into force but it is being discussed at the next NCMA local meeting in July.

Miffy xx

Nicely timed haha! I am due to have my first inspection (after registration visit) in Sept. So it will be against the new eyfs and without training. Not feeling overly confident about that :laughing: but am finding some useful readiing on here thank you