PDA

View Full Version : Planning

notts
17-06-2012, 10:55 AM
I'm starting to think about planning and I would be interested to know how you do this/document this each week. What I have in mind is a spreadsheet in tabular form, outlining the learning goals and then a plan for the week showing which ones I plan to meet etc.

Am I on the right track?

miffy
17-06-2012, 11:27 AM
Whatever works for you - my advice don't plan too much in advance, it can be a waste of time.

Miffy xx

notts
17-06-2012, 11:29 AM
Thanks Miffy, you make things sound so simple :thumbsup:

miffy
17-06-2012, 11:33 AM
Don't make it too complicated - say if you're looking at colours with a child you could do a colour sorting game like sorting bricks into different colours for toys.
Or if you're counting them count the animals in the farm yard.

What I'm trying to say is you haven't got to come up with long involved plans - keep it simple.

Miffy xx

sarah707
17-06-2012, 11:38 AM
Advance planning can be a blessing and a curse and as Miffy says don't do too much!

It is really important to know in advance what you are doing generally through the week... this is your routine and must be shared with parents.

It is also important to look at a child's obs from the previous weeks and reflect on how you can support their learning in the weeks to come.

For older children (over 3s normally) a bit of structure to their week can be very welcome - look at themed activities that link in with their interests, things they are learning elsewhere, things you want them to learn etc and think about what resources you already have etc.

However too much writing for the little ones can be wasted as they take their learning in different directions.

Hth :D

notts
17-06-2012, 11:39 AM
Thanks both of you. I think I'm thinking too much!

moggy
17-06-2012, 12:26 PM
Thanks both of you. I think I'm thinking too much!

We don't NEED to write ANY planning- as long as we know what our children are working toward and we know how to support them any thing we write down is just to help OURSELVES so we feel more confident and able to explain what we are doing to any inspector etc.

notts
17-06-2012, 12:59 PM
ok thank you