PDA

View Full Version : from icp to reg how long?

aly
07-06-2008, 12:01 PM
ill be on week 4 [or is it 5 lol] of my ICp on monday and im just wondering [roughly] if everythign goes ok how long it would be before registration??

My OH has told me that his mate said to him yesterday that I should hurry up as he knows someone that is looking for a Cm ;) lol

:jump for joy:

MissTinkerbell
07-06-2008, 01:40 PM
Have you sent your forms to Ofsted yet? It took 8 weeks for me, from sending forms off to getting my registration through.

I sent the forms to Ofsted and a week later had the pre-reg. I was lucky in that both DH and I had been CRB checked. It would have been shorter had DH not needed a SSAFA check (he's in the RAF).

Good luck.

manjay
07-06-2008, 02:30 PM
Aly lives in Wales so it works slightly differently.

Once you have completed your ICP you will get a mentoring session with some guidance on how to complete your Part 2 and information on how to write up your policies in the way the CSSIW like them. Once you have completed your Part 1 & 2 you will need to take them along with all your policies and procedures to your local CSSIW where they will check your id and CRB forms. They then send off CRB, GP form and social services questionairre. Once all of these have been returned to CSSIW you will get your pre reg visit. If that goes ok your application will then go to a panel to be approved (this panel usually meet once a month) and you then get your certificate.

I handed my Part 1 & 2 in in May last year and I was finally registered in November. They did misfile my CRB in that which held it up but I wouldn't bank on it happening very quickly.

chels55
07-06-2008, 02:34 PM
yes Amanda's right. It took 6 months for me. CSSIW say they try to make sure that each application is sorted within six months

manjay
07-06-2008, 04:38 PM
yes Amanda's right. It took 6 months for me. CSSIW say they try to make sure that each application is sorted within six months

Unfortunately they didn't make it clear to me at first. I thougt it was 6 months from going to the first information evening not 6 months from handing in my app!!! It actually took me 12 months in total.

tulip0803
07-06-2008, 08:45 PM
I handed my forms to the CSSIW before Christmas and I still have not been inspected:( . Again they misfiled DH CRB which held it up and the named inspector had CRB probs for a couple of months so now is behind:mad: .

One day.......

manjay
07-06-2008, 08:49 PM
I handed my forms to the CSSIW before Christmas and I still have not been inspected:( . Again they misfiled DH CRB which held it up and the named inspector had CRB probs for a couple of months so now is behind:mad: .

One day.......

Did you get the letter from NCMA saying they had been unable to secure funding for delivering ICP courses so only minders who were already in the process would be able to continue?

tulip0803
07-06-2008, 08:59 PM
No - Although the NCMA know I am registering I am not a member yet & did not have to do ICP cos already had from England reg. I read it somewhere else. Nothing like encourageing people to start childminding. It will all change again when they realise they have a shortage of childcare. Happened in Carmarthenshire when the council wanted you to apply for planning permission if more than 6 people were leaving and entering your house each day. Like you we are family of 5 so minding 1 child was not worth it. Sudden backtrack last Summer because there were not enough childcare places.

aly
07-06-2008, 09:32 PM
Did you get the letter from NCMA saying they had been unable to secure funding for delivering ICP courses so only minders who were already in the process would be able to continue?

thanks all..

Yes I had that letter yesterday, do i need to do anything about it, towards the end it mentions further training and to ringt them ?

manjay
07-06-2008, 10:07 PM
thanks all..

Yes I had that letter yesterday, do i need to do anything about it, towards the end it mentions further training and to ringt them ?

I don't think so. The way I read it was that they had enough to finish training people who had already started.

Thet will have to do something as you can't register without this training so there will be no new minders