PDA

View Full Version : Anybody help please!!

sophie1977
16-06-2012, 05:26 PM
My husband is filling in the guidance to the pre-registration visit and we have come across this question and don't know how to answer it, so if anybody reads it and knows please answer. As we are really confused:panic::panic:

question goes: If you are a child minder registering on the early years register and the childcare register, how do the staffing arrangements differ for each register and how will you manage this if you work with any assistants?

Many Thanks

Sophie

Stapleton83
16-06-2012, 05:45 PM
My husband is filling in the guidance to the pre-registration visit and we have come across this question and don't know how to answer it, so if anybody reads it and knows please answer. As we are really confused:panic::panic:

question goes: If you are a child minder registering on the early years register and the childcare register, how do the staffing arrangements differ for each register and how will you manage this if you work with any assistants?

Many Thanks

Sophie

OK, first thing you need to determine is if you are registering on both the early years register and the childcare register.

If you are then you need to answer the question, if not I would just put not applicable. If you are then the staffing question is only relevant if you are taking on an assistant.

Not sure if that helps or not, have a look at the guidance notes although from memory I don't think they were hugely enlightening:rolleyes:

Good luck.

Sam x

sarah707
17-06-2012, 10:37 AM
Staffing is about you, your husband if working with you and any assistants etc you employ.

You need to look at Childcare Register requirements CR 3 & 4 Suitable people and compare them with EYFS requirements 3.9 - 3.13.

You will notice that the wording for staffing in the EYFS is more robust than the CR - but some of the words used are different..

However staff need extra qualifications to work with older children (voluntary register) in CR 4.2 than for the EYFS.

Hope this helps! :D