PDA

View Full Version : toys

chels55
16-06-2012, 12:59 PM
the kids are getting bored with the toys i have here so can you tell me what the favourite toys are in your setting? the ones that get used over and over.. thanks in advance

Bluebell
16-06-2012, 01:04 PM
The most played with/versatile toys here are probably small world houses/people/shops etc.

I try and rotate my toys so if they are getting bored with something I out it away and get out something they haven't seen for a while - makes it more exciting for them.

My little kitchen with pots, pans, pretend food that is always popular too. I made the mistake of moving it out into the little play house in the garden and it has not done to well with all this bad weather but it makes it a change.

Moon sand is always popular but it ran out and I haven't replaced it because it always is the hardest thing to tidy up/ not waste. I have a sand pit outside so they use that instead.

little play eggs - no idea why they are so popular but everyone is really attracted to them even the older children!

blue bear
16-06-2012, 01:31 PM
Play kitchen, happy street, playmobil and box of old mobile phones

loocyloo
16-06-2012, 06:17 PM
The most played with/versatile toys here are probably small world houses/people/shops etc.

I try and rotate my toys so if they are getting bored with something I out it away and get out something they haven't seen for a while - makes it more exciting for them.

My little kitchen with pots, pans, pretend food that is always popular too. I made the mistake of moving it out into the little play house in the garden and it has not done to well with all this bad weather but it makes it a change.

Moon sand is always popular but it ran out and I haven't replaced it because it always is the hardest thing to tidy up/ not waste. I have a sand pit outside so they use that instead.

little play eggs - no idea why they are so popular but everyone is really attracted to them even the older children!

i made some 'moon sand' the other week ... the recipe was called 'cloud dough' ... something like 7 ( or 8! ) cups of flour and 1 cup of oil ... mix and play!

mine love the 'hide & squeak eggs' too!

current favourites are the big box of plastic animals, shape sorters and instruments!

watgem
16-06-2012, 06:39 PM
happy land, duplo, playdough,sand, homecorner and dolls:)

sarah707
16-06-2012, 06:57 PM
Blocks and little people... Lego and animals... free access to paper and pencils... bats and balls in the garden... :D

kel1983
16-06-2012, 07:03 PM
homemade playdough, sticking, happyland and Marble run.

janminder
16-06-2012, 07:05 PM
Happyland, even the older children 8,9 and 10. Brio train set, cars, dolls and lots of paper for drawing.

miffy
16-06-2012, 07:36 PM
Dressing up clothes, dark den, wooden building bricks, musical instruments, pens, paper, chalks, playdough, balls (any size) and rice in the tuff spot

Miffy xx

mushpea
16-06-2012, 07:41 PM
pepples, sand and the toy kitchen in the garden,, they spend hours mixing and 'cooking' then racing around on the ride on toys so they are home in time for dinner :laughing:

md0u0131
16-06-2012, 08:26 PM
At the moment....

old buttons
Seashells
wooden letters

I took a load of toys to the charity shop today as part of a cull and came back with a load of wooden eggs and eggcups and some metal cups and teapot. Will see how they go down!