PDA

View Full Version : What do I need for After Schhol Care??

katickles
16-06-2012, 07:52 AM
I have parents coming to see me later this afternoon about a potential mindee for before & after school care.

I am just getting my paperwork together & its just dawned on me, what do i actually need for just before/after school mindee??

Obv contract, all about me form & permission forms - but do I still need daily diary/unique child folder?? I wouldnt have thought so re folder & trackers etc but just checking, thanks:blush:

Pipsqueak
16-06-2012, 07:54 AM
If the child is in recetion year then yes you do - after that no.

You can still do a scrapbook for them - I find it helpful

good luck:)

katickles
16-06-2012, 08:03 AM
Thanks - So a full learning journal file for the 1st year & then afterwards a scrap book??? Sorry if I sound daft, never had just before/after school children x

Pipsqueak
16-06-2012, 08:46 AM
Thanks - So a full learning journal file for the 1st year & then afterwards a scrap book??? Sorry if I sound daft, never had just before/after school children x

No it doesn't have to be a full on LJ for a reception child... you do the EYFS but in relation to how many times/long you have the child for. The bulk of it will come down to school. The LJ can be more scrapbooky and you can get the child really involved.
you might want to show how you and school are working together(if they aren't interested in working with you - document tha tyou have approached the school and this is the response you got) and you are supporting the childs learning.

JCrakers
16-06-2012, 08:58 AM
Once they are past 5 on 31st aug I don't do anything with mine paperwork wise. I have 8 schoolies and for me it just wouldn't be possible :D

I have a simpler form for schoolies, contract and info about what we do, charges etc

WibbleWobble
16-06-2012, 12:51 PM
ear plugs and alcohol for when they go home...

cathtee
16-06-2012, 03:48 PM

:laughing: I agree my after schoolies argue more than my under 5's I'm always glad when 6.30 comes:D

LittleLegsCM
16-06-2012, 03:51 PM

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: :laughing:

caz3007
16-06-2012, 06:15 PM
:laughing: I agree my after schoolies argue more than my under 5's I'm always glad when 6.30 comes:D

I agree, after schools are much harder work than the littlies, so glad I dont have any now after 5 years of them. So yes copious amounts of chocolate and alcohol for the evenings

katickles
17-06-2012, 07:11 PM
Thanks for everyones replys - ended up giving full copies of all my p&p's, full contract signed, full permission slips signed, emergency contact form compleated, safeguarding file read & signed & I did a full passport but ommited pages I didn't see as relevant!!:panic:

miffy
17-06-2012, 09:19 PM
Thanks for everyones replys - ended up giving full copies of all my p&p's, full contract signed, full permission slips signed, emergency contact form compleated, safeguarding file read & signed & I did a full passport but ommited pages I didn't see as relevant!!:panic:

Pleased you got the contract - well done! :thumbsup:

Miffy xx