View Full Version : Messy play trays

14-06-2012, 09:07 PM
Where do you all get your messy play trays from? You know the big (octagonal?) green ones?

The Juggler
14-06-2012, 09:18 PM
just get some potting trays from the garden centre :thumbsup:

tash 1
14-06-2012, 09:34 PM
Hi they are called Tuff spot tray same as builders tray I got mine on amazon it came within 2 days can't wait to use it lots of books to help with activities 50 ways to use a builders tray very good!

14-06-2012, 09:42 PM
McD's ages ago, don't know how just seemed to have them, might go ask for more

15-06-2012, 06:35 AM
i use builders mixing trays from b&q, wickes etc ( be careful though, they are made of thiner plastic and one of mine warped whilst stored! guess it got warm! )

i also use assorted sized potting trays which i got from garden centres.

15-06-2012, 08:39 AM
I got my Tuff Spot from an educational supply website (TTS?) but it took ages to come and it was expensive, so I wouldn't recommend it!

To be honest I use my other trays more - a oven shelf soaking tray from Lakeland, and a couple of (new) cat litter trays.
They are a better shape for using inside, and deeper to contain the mess. I put big lumps of Blu Tack under them to secure them to the table so they don't get tipped off.

15-06-2012, 08:44 AM
I have a couple of the tuff spots, though can't remember where I got them from. They are big though, so not always suitable for what I want to use them for.

I've also got the oven shelf soaking tray from Lakeland, which is a really good size, with deep sides.

Underbed storage boxes are also good. I have a couple from Ikea. The advantage is they come with lids, so if it's something you want to keep you can cover it up overnight.

I then tend to use cat litter trays or empty ice cream cartons for individual play.

15-06-2012, 08:49 AM
I use cat litter trays, perfect size and brightly coloured, around £3.00 from asda :)

15-06-2012, 09:31 AM
I use litter trays for individual messy trays. Still looking about for the builder trays though for group play

15-06-2012, 12:17 PM
Amazon have got the builder's trays for £10.50

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mixing-Spot-...9762559&sr=8-1 (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002HIY9JQ/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=childminding-21&linkCode=as2&camp=1634&creative=19450&creativeASIN=B002HIY9JQ)

Miffy xx

Baildon bears
15-06-2012, 12:37 PM
A local childminder to me got some of Ebay, she asked everyone on facebook if they wonted one, she ordered 10 altogether and he did her a deal, it cost £7.50 each including postage, apparently they have come today and are fab :thumbsup:

15-06-2012, 12:44 PM
I've got a builders tray - had it for about 4 years - its my fav resourse:)

Also use litter trays - I get them from poundland.

Marian x