View Full Version : Decision Time

14-06-2012, 01:16 PM
Hi everyone
I got registered in Dec 2011 and have done the advertising,leaflet drop etc I am member NCMA but don't seem to be getting anywhere have had couple enquires and 1 visit but nothing comes of it I now have the chance of a security job 12hr shifts at £8hr which I am going to go for I just wanted to know if I would have to resign my registration I am still waiting grading as not got any children on my books hub by has said its another string to my bow but I didn't think id be able to stay reg its sad as got dedicated play room lots toys but grand daughter love it thanks for listening :-( Diana

14-06-2012, 01:20 PM
I'm very sorry it hasn't worked out for you :(

14-06-2012, 01:21 PM
Di, I'm very sorry to hear it hasn't worked out. Lots of cm near to me are struggling to find work too (new ones and established) but they are staying registered even as they do other work eg avon, virgin vie, bodyshop parties etc. my friend also stayed on at tesco part time until she got more cm work. don't take it personally though, childcare as a whole seems to not be doing very well at the moment : (

14-06-2012, 03:18 PM
Very sad for you that it hasnt worked out :( But I agree, another string to your bow. Why not stay registered - you can guarantee as soon as you take another job the mindees will come flooding in! Law of the ***! :laughing:

14-06-2012, 05:19 PM
You can keep your registration (and your options) open - there is an Ofsted fact sheet in free downloads that explains about inspections with no children on roll.

Hopefully the security job will just be a stop gap measure.

Miffy xx

14-06-2012, 07:08 PM
I'm fairly sure you can be registered for up to 3 yrs with no children on roll before you have to give up registration.

14-06-2012, 07:57 PM
yes it is 3 years

14-06-2012, 08:10 PM
Thank you all for replys think I will just do 2 nights a wk and see how minding goes if doesnt pick up then I will rethink Diana