PDA

View Full Version : Getting Holiday only business from local TTC childminders

MrsP2C
14-06-2012, 10:05 AM
There are 5 CM's in my village of which only 2 work through the holidays. I'm friends with one of the parents whose children go to a TTO childminder & (assuming I'm registered in time) she wants me to look after her LO's 2 days a week during the summer holiday. They are lovely & friends with my kids so great first job & won't interfere with booking anyone from September which is when I had planned to start.

All good, but it has made me wonder whether I could reasonably approach the TTO childminders and tell them I can offer holiday care for their mindees without looking like I'm poaching their clients! Does anyone here have a similar arrangement with other CM's?
I realise new CM in the area is a potential threat to their own business so they may not be feeling that accommodating but we've all got to start somewhere! Any advise much appreciated.

MrsP2C

The Juggler
14-06-2012, 10:10 AM
i don't see why not hon, good business plan. just introduce yourself and ask if they would give your number to parents as a holiday care option. :thumbsup:

Though be prepared if you are fantastic (which you are I'm sure) that a parent may want to swap and how you might deal with that situation when it arises, given that you live in a village. :)

marleymoo
14-06-2012, 01:00 PM
i often provide holiday cover for a TTO cm close to me and have done so for many years, parents value both of us but they remain 'her' families not mine, and i wouldn't dream of taking them from her. i see no reason why you couldn't ask these other cm's, perhaps you could negotiate some terms and conditions and both sign and keep copies?

MrsP2C
14-06-2012, 01:01 PM
Thanks that's helpful and definitely don't want to be treading on any toes as it's a close knit community and I've got another 6 years of school runs!!

loocyloo
14-06-2012, 01:02 PM
i used to do holidays for a CM friend of mine, who was termtime only. worked well for us.