PDA

View Full Version : free toys

dawnn93
13-06-2012, 09:04 PM
im a newly registered childminder and im looking for anyone who has toys they no longer use or is giving up childminding.

Any help is appreciated.

Sarahvc
05-10-2012, 11:41 PM
Hi there,

Hope your getting on well with childminding.
Re toys: I found telling everyone I knew and gettin my partner to tell those he worked with that I was childminding as of this year that we were inundated with toys! I have also found great toys in charity shops and car boot sales for very little money and the toys the kids play with most is the "old school" ones because their different and not what they have at home! I try to think of all the toys I used to play with and try to find them in visits to charity shops or boot sales. Those toys that don't have batteries are great!!!!
Also ask around school nurseries as recently I've had them offering me toys since my son is there because they know I'm a childminder and if I didn't take them then they were going to be binned!! The board games I've found the 3/4year olds most enjoy is the ones made and bought in the late 70s!!!!

Good luck :-)

Sarah

BuggsieMoo
06-10-2012, 10:27 AM
Do you have a local freecycle group in your area you can join online or freegle? You will be amazed at what you can get there. Charity shops are also good for cheap toys - just make sure you check them all thoroughly x