PDA

View Full Version : do you feel supported???

jaja
06-06-2008, 10:13 PM
Just wanted to know your views and opioions (sp?)

Do you feel supported in implementing the new eyfs framework????
If yes, by who???
And if no, what would help you feel supported in implementing this framework???

Please answer honestly and i value all your opioions (sp?)

Thankyou xxxxx

mum26
06-06-2008, 10:58 PM
No not really.

Have been on 2 training courses so far - first one was supposed to be for 2 hours but lasted just over an hour and gave us information on how to open the pack!!!:(

The second course lasted for 5 hours and was better but still didn't really tell me much more than I already knew and the trainer didn't have the answers we really wanted ie what are Ofsted expecting of us. I feel until the trainers know that answer, how are they supposed to inform us as to what we need know.

Blaze
06-06-2008, 11:26 PM
Yes, but only because of this forum & products a certain member sells!

angeldelight
06-06-2008, 11:30 PM
I think its great yes and feel supported - there is heaps of information on the forum and im sure there will be much more when everyone understands it and we all get our head around it

I know some are struggling though and dont feel like they are getting much support and are still waiting to go on courses

Keep watching here and dont forget to ask if you dont understand something

Everyone stuggled at first with Birth to Three but like that im sure you will soon get used to it

Angel xxx

Blaze
06-06-2008, 11:35 PM
I think its great yes and feel supported - there is heaps of information on the forum and im sure there will be much more when everyone understands it and we all get our head around it

I know some are struggling though and dont feel like they are getting much support and are still waiting to go on courses

Keep watching here and dont forget to ask if you dont understand something

Everyone stuggled at first with Birth to Three but like that im sure you will soon get used to it

Angel xxx

Alright clever clogs...just cause you've worked it out!;) :D :p

angeldelight
06-06-2008, 11:36 PM
haha cheeky !!

Angel xx

littletreasures
07-06-2008, 04:21 AM
I only feel that I know what I should be doing through the people on this forum.

The training courses I went on have been a waste of space. The only thing I gained from them is a certificate (which Ofsted like), my friend and I actually wrote that on a feedback questionnaire!!

littletreasures

deeb66
07-06-2008, 06:06 AM
I feel very supported.

I have great support from here......there is always someone around who knows the answer if I don't and am struggling.

We share and exchange fantastic ideas and plans which make it easier.

I am really lucky in that I live in an area where our Early Years team are working really hard to give us loads of information and training and are always on the end of a phone to help out if needed.

I am also lucky to belong to a brilliant Network who again supply us with loads of training and support and have flooded us with loads of goodies to help us.

crazybones
07-06-2008, 06:11 AM
Yes, but only because of this forum & products a certain member sells!

I agree with Blaze 100% and I am going to read the latest product tomorrow while the boys are at Silverstone and am really looking forward to it:clapping: . I havent had any training - but do have a briefing session next month but I know someone on here will help or at least try too when I get stuck. :D Dont know what I would do with you lot. :panic:

ajs
07-06-2008, 06:42 AM
my first answer was of course i am supported we've got the forum:laughing:

am i supported outside the forum not particualrly
there are loads of trainings in nottinghamshire but so many of them are only available in the city 40 miles away or in the day time that i cannot attend them.

there have been two eyfs trainings (opening the pack) i attended both, the first one was not that good but i sort of understood what we were meant to be doing
the second was run by a friend of mine and either i already knew what she was talking about or she explained it well but i suddenly seemed to get the whole thing but only the themes priciples ideas not the whole planning obs thing

also there are some very clever people on this forum who produce very very very good products which seem to take the hassle out of the whole thing xx

miffy
07-06-2008, 07:48 AM
Still got my head in the sand :laughing:

miffy xx

Pipsqueak
07-06-2008, 07:59 AM
Miffy hun you've got to stop pretending to be an Ostrich at some point!!!! lol:laughing:

Yes, I am ok with it allo. My DO and the EY team have been fab - we haven't had many training ops but I have digested lots of what support has been on this forum. I have read steadily through the pack, marked out bits and bobs and asked the questions I needed to. Once you get over the formaility and jargon of it its actually not that bad - but thats just my personal opinion!

miffy
07-06-2008, 08:03 AM
Miffy hun you've got to stop pretending to be an Ostrich at some point!!!! lol:laughing:

Yes I know - and when I do I'm sure I'll find all I need on here :thumbsup:

miffy xx

Tatia
07-06-2008, 08:05 AM
Yes, very supported. Our EY team is fantastic and works very hard to make sure childminders have as much support and training ops as other settings.

Pipsqueak
07-06-2008, 08:13 AM
Yes I know - and when I do I'm sure I'll find all I need on here :thumbsup:

miffy xx

I have a picture of you with your fingers stuck in your ears, eyes closed chanting I'm not listening - tra la lal al:laughing: :laughing:

Your post made me chuckle - you have been so consistent on your answer now for ages - I admire your Ostrich stance!!!:laughing:

miffy
07-06-2008, 08:16 AM
There is nothing to admire honest - that made me laugh!!

I'm sure I'll get it sorted eventually

Right now even the gym is more appealing - even though I know I'll have put on weight :laughing:

miffy xx

Lottie
07-06-2008, 08:24 AM
EYFS... It's so daunting! I just don't know where to begin and it's so confusing :panic: . The paperwork...omg! is just mad. Never had so much paperwork in my life (and I went to Uni).

But I do feel I have loads of support on this forum, everyone is so great and helpful and ready to help! Makes a huge difference!. Oh and Dee, I know she is just on the end of the phone if I need help too. :thumbsup:

berkschick
07-06-2008, 08:32 AM
Not at all!

Had NO training at all on it and I dont think I will get any in time either.

But then I had no Birth to Three training and still managed ok with OFSTED so I know I will be ok, I will just ask my good friends here :D

katickles
07-06-2008, 05:13 PM
Yeah - i feel like i have support.

I totally agree with the others that the best support is from the forum, but i do have support outside aswell.

I have had a briefing session - which like someone else said, they did spend a lot of time just talking about the pack :rolleyes: , but then did go into it slightly. I have my next 2 sessions of training coming up.

I have also got Sarah Nev's ebook which is just fab - makes it seem so understandable & has tonns of ideas & ways of implimenting it.

I'm sure i will all of a sudden think, arrrgggghhh, but then i will be back on here shouting for help! :D

breezy
07-06-2008, 06:23 PM
Only support I've had is here, did first part of eyfs training so I know how to open pack and what a cd rom looks like! Session was supposed to be 9.30am to 3.30pm tutor didnt want to be there, whipped through it and finished at 12.30!

deeb66
08-06-2008, 07:01 AM
EYFS... It's so daunting! I just don't know where to begin and it's so confusing :panic: . The paperwork...omg! is just mad. Never had so much paperwork in my life (and I went to Uni).

But I do feel I have loads of support on this forum, everyone is so great and helpful and ready to help! Makes a huge difference!. Oh and Dee, I know she is just on the end of the phone if I need help too. :thumbsup:

Yes I am always here if you need me Lottie....

Have you received a training pack from Early Years yet?

Unfortunatly all the EYFS conferences have finished now but I think that Surrey my be laying on some more pretty soon........I can find out for you if you are interested.......I have a Support meeting on 21st June and will check then and let you know.

I do know that the training team have laid on more courses about obsevations etc you might want to get yourself booked on one of them.

If you haven't got a training pack then send me a text to let me know and I will arrange for one to be sent to you (either that or give you mine!).

Also Surrey has just printed a load of new forms etc to help with the paperwork side and documenting the childrens observations and development.

You need to contact the Early Years team to get some as they are not being posted out at the moment.......if you can't get hold of any let me know and I will get them for you.

Hope everything else ok

Take care

Love Dee

emmadines
08-06-2008, 07:18 AM
yes and no!!!

from here yas, you all help one way or another!!

but from "Ofsted and the "NCMA" no!!

ok Ive not been registered for long and at this point I have no mindees!! but I also have no support childminder like they offered, despite filling in a form and calling them! in the pack I got it states that its a "weakness" not to have a good support network.

I know I can ask questions on here, thats ok as longs as you know what type of questions you need to ask.

Im sure its all just pre-minding nerves and I will settle!

deeb66
08-06-2008, 07:30 AM
I would suggest you contact them again Emma and ask to be assigned to a Support Minder.

I know you have already done it but keep pestering them.......you are entitled to it if it is available in your area.

I know that the forum is a great help but it would also be good to have someone close to you that you could sit down with if you needed to and go through things together.

I have Supported a few ladies over time and it varies what sort of support they need......some are happy to do it via email and texting or phone calls where as others have preferred to sit down and go through paperwork etc.

A Support minder is there for exactly that.......if one of my ladies would prefer one on one and for me to look at their paperwork and give ideas or for them to have a glance at mine then I am happy to do it.

I suppose it really depends on how you prefer to work and do things.

It would also be good to be assigned to someone that knows your area and knows how your Early Years team works and what is available to you out there.

As much as we all help when we can we really don't know your area very well nor do we have contact with your Early Years Team.

I really think it would help you.

Sorry.....but as you can see I am very passionate about the Support Scheme.......I have to say that it works really well within the Surrey area.

emmadines
08-06-2008, 07:35 AM
Thanks xx I will be calling them tomorrow!

manjay
08-06-2008, 07:42 AM
We are not offered support minders here and although my NCMA development worker called a few times it was usually to tell me there were some more forms I needed to fill in!

Luckily I have become very good friends with the minder who looked after my own children and I have kind of adopted her as my mentor. We still work very differently, I am very paperwork orientated whereas she is not but as Dee says she knows how things are run locally. I also had a very helpful member on here read my paperwork when I initially wrote it:thumbsup:

The forum has been my biggest support. I have learnt so much by reading threads on here and even though not all of it is relevant to me in Wales I still adopt lots of things as good practice.

I would definitely call again Emma if support workers are available in your area.