PDA

View Full Version : charge when child not coming for 3 months

little stars ch
13-06-2012, 08:42 PM
hi,

need some advice new mum of 6 month old baby looking for care from mid sept child will be 9 month old only coming few mornings week all my ey places will be full from then as i only have one place left what do i do as it 3 months away and may be asked to have a diffrent child in mean time

do i charge mum of the 9 month old child now to keep the place ??
if so how much ??

:blush:

pinkbutterfly
13-06-2012, 08:56 PM
You have to ask yourself how likely you're to fill that space. Also calculate the income the child will bring in September. If it's unlikely then I would not take a retainer as most probably that would make the parent go elsewhere. I would take a non refundable deposit to reserve the space. The deposit would be used to cover first or last month's fees but if she changes her mind you keep the money.
If you're very likely to fill the space with a child of similar frequency attendance I would take a retainer ... probably 50%.

The Juggler
13-06-2012, 10:17 PM
hi,

need some advice new mum of 6 month old baby looking for care from mid sept child will be 9 month old only coming few mornings week all my ey places will be full from then as i only have one place left what do i do as it 3 months away and may be asked to have a diffrent child in mean time

do i charge mum of the 9 month old child now to keep the place ??
if so how much ??

:blush:

your space is not available until September? Then i would def. charge a deposit hon. However, if work is good do you really want to take on a child who only comes a few mornings?