PDA

View Full Version : What lovely wonderful parents

EmmaReed84
13-06-2012, 01:32 PM
After seeing a thread about a lovely gift given from parents made me think how lucky I am to have all lovely parents as well.

What lovely parent stories have you got... Just to balance out all the PITA parent stories...

I look after a schoolie 2 days a week. I annulised my fee and she is TTO who pays a retainer, but has only ever twice used a space, they pay until 7pm but have only ever collected once at 7pm, always before. I am very laid back with them and very flexible as they are so nice and kind about everything.

This week I had mindee Mon and Tue instead of Thur and Fri as they are on hol and Mum changed her days, she asked what the extra would be, so I laughed at her and told her not to be silly... Dad collected last night at 6.30pm and tried to give me £20 to say thank you, then threw it on the side and ran out the door. :D truth be told, I think schoolie is such a gem, I would have her for free :thumbsup:

JCrakers
13-06-2012, 01:42 PM
I have 8 sets of wonderful parents at the moment. Although I do have minor moans every now and again they are all Fab :D I'm really lucky :D

They all pay on time
appreciate what I do
ask how I am
ask how my weekend was
always ask and don't assume I will

And two sets of parents give me and my 2 children pressies for Xmas and birthdays (poor hubby...LOL)

Bridey
13-06-2012, 02:42 PM
I work for 9 sets with a total of 15 mindees. The families I work for are wonderful. I don't always get presents but they always pay on time, show an interest in me and my family, recommend me to other parents and support me when it comes to my inspections. One family I have worked with for 9 years, another 7.

Its lovely to feel appreciated and I certainly appreciate them and their children :)

Katiekoo
13-06-2012, 08:21 PM
I have lovely parents of mindees, I am so lucky, and I tell them! :blush:
AND the children are brilliant, I frequently get comments about how good they are! I am jammy! :p

My families do have failings/weaknesses but they are all things I am happy to help with or accommodate, so it's all good for me. Someone else might think they're dreadful families so it's all about finding a good match I think.
I worry what would happen if I took on a family that I found difficult, I've been spoiled so far.

alwaysright
13-06-2012, 11:39 PM
I have 8 sets of wonderful parents at the moment. Although I do have minor moans every now and again they are all Fab :D I'm really lucky :D

They all pay on time
appreciate what I do
ask how I am
ask how my weekend was
always ask and don't assume I will

And two sets of parents give me and my 2 children pressies for Xmas and birthdays (poor hubby...LOL)

i have three sets of parents who even actually bought my husband a pressie at xmas!! his own individual one!! :) first time ever! i also had another three who didnt give us a card or say happy christmas even though all their kids got a pressie!

marleymoo
14-06-2012, 01:39 PM
all of my parents are great. no problems paying, no problems with holidays, no problems with sickness, no problems at all actually... aren't we a lucky bunch?:D

loocyloo
14-06-2012, 02:05 PM
mine are all lovely too :D

i've had some horrors in the past, but currently :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

zippy
14-06-2012, 09:45 PM
Mine are lovely too, I'm very lucky, one even bought my little boy some shoes for a jubilee day he had at nursery the other day. Wouldnt change them or the kids for the world - hope I haven't just tempted fate

caz3007
14-06-2012, 10:47 PM
Over the years, mine have all been pretty good. I have always had a thank you and never had a problem with payments, the odd time I did, we sorted it out and set up a standing order and all was fine.

I am flexible and will help out if I can

lisa1968
16-06-2012, 11:53 AM
All the parents of my mindees are wonderful-they pay on time,ask how I am,ask about the weekend etc.They always buy me lovely gifts for xmas and I always get an end of term gift from 2 of them as I dont have them in the hols.Ive been to their babies christenings and birthday parties and even to a wedding when one mum remarried.They always buy for my own 2 children at xmas and birthdays and one mum even buys for OH because " he has to put up with my kids as well". That mum buys me a bottle of wine "just because its Friday!"
They never query their bills-one is over £800 a month-they just pay them and always on time.Most of them have had OH to do work for them-he's self employed too.
In all the 13 years of minding, I've never had a 'bad' set of parents and after reading some of the stories on here I count myself very lucky.All the children I care for have been with me for years and I think they know good childcare and appreciate it!!