PDA

View Full Version : Fathers Day for mindee without a daddy...

buzzy bee
13-06-2012, 11:52 AM
Any ideas what I can do - I would like to do something but I don't want to cause sadness for mum (dad died about 6 months ago). Mindee is 2.

Thanks!

*daisychain*
13-06-2012, 12:04 PM
We have made cards 'for someone special' with a child who's lost her daddy :)

buzzy bee
13-06-2012, 12:07 PM
Thanks... but I feel like I want to include him in the "daddy" thing.

I just literally had a thought that I could get all the LOs a little plant pot and seeds, and they can plant their daddy a tree / plant. So he can still do this because he can plant it at his daddy's grave or keep it to remember his daddy...

What do you think?

I really don't want to upset his mum - either by ignoring fathers day completely OR by doing something for it if she doesn't want me to!

ORKSIE
13-06-2012, 12:11 PM
I could get all the LOs a little plant pot and seeds, and they can plant their daddy a tree / plant.
What do you think?

!

I would say to take home and put in the garden.
I think its a lovely idea....:thumbsup:

x

TooEarlyForGin?
13-06-2012, 12:27 PM
Thanks... but I feel like I want to include him in the "daddy" thing.

I just literally had a thought that I could get all the LOs a little plant pot and seeds, and they can plant their daddy a tree / plant. So he can still do this because he can plant it at his daddy's grave or keep it to remember his daddy...

What do you think?

I really don't want to upset his mum - either by ignoring fathers day completely OR by doing something for it if she doesn't want me to!

I think this also sounds lovely. Are you able to have a quiet word with mum about how it is dealt with at home, whether they chat about him lots or are fairly reserved. Poor little chap. :(

teacake2
13-06-2012, 12:30 PM
We coloured a balloon and let it go so that it was going to heaven to his daddy.
Teacake2

Baildon bears
13-06-2012, 12:59 PM
We coloured a balloon and let it go so that it was going to heaven to his daddy.
Teacake2

Thats a lovely idea. :):)

amirose
13-06-2012, 06:21 PM
My 9 year old mindee (who has been with me since she was 5) lost her dad at the age of 5.
Every year we get an A4 sheet which she decorates and writes messages on I then mount it, laminate it and attach ribbon. She then goes with mum on Fathers day and hangs it from his grave stone.
It is incredibly sad but its amazing just how resilient children are. My mindee very casually told another mindee that she was going to hang it on her dads grave stone because her dads dead (her exact words not mine!). She misses her dads loads but it just very matter of fact about it :) She is an amazing little girl xxx