PDA

View Full Version : Tax credit line 0845 3003900

Ripeberry
13-06-2012, 10:23 AM
I'm tempted to ring them just to make sure that I've only got people using my services at present claiming the tax credits.
Will they tell me straight off or do I have to have all my clients details/addresses and then they will say 'Yay or Nay'?
Just too lazy to dig out the paperwork :blush:

rickysmiths
13-06-2012, 10:25 AM
I didn't think they would tell you anything to be honest. They will listen if you call them but that is it. :(

Mouse
13-06-2012, 10:31 AM
I don't think they can look up your EY number & tell you who's claiming against it.

When I once queried what a parents was claiming I was told they couldn't even look into it unless I had the parents' NI numbers as that's what they use. Even then they wouldn't tell me anything & I would simply be able to pass on an information I had.

I think it's a bit different now & they will take the info if you just have names & addresses, but I still don't think they will tell you anything.

Might be worth phoning them to check.

Ripeberry
13-06-2012, 10:37 AM
I don't think they can look up your EY number & tell you who's claiming against it.

When I once queried what a parents was claiming I was told they couldn't even look into it unless I had the parents' NI numbers as that's what they use. Even then they wouldn't tell me anything & I would simply be able to pass on an information I had.

I think it's a bit different now & they will take the info if you just have names & addresses, but I still don't think they will tell you anything.

Might be worth phoning them to check.

Thanks I just want to check a certain ex-mindee has stopped claiming that is all :thumbsup:

LauraS
13-06-2012, 10:42 AM
If they tell you anything they will be breaching data protection. They can take reports of fraud, but in my experience (I work in this field at the moment) they won't necessarily do anything about it.

Mouse
13-06-2012, 10:42 AM
Thanks I just want to check a certain ex-mindee has stopped claiming that is all :thumbsup:

In that case I would phone. Give the details and say you just want to say that parents is no longer using your service, but you're not sure they will have remembered to cancel their claim! They should take the info, but probably won't tell you anything.