PDA

View Full Version : help getting mindees

dawnn93
13-06-2012, 01:27 AM
help ive been registered for nearly 3 months and no mindees as yet although i did get a contract signed for an after schooler in sept but it seems so far away and they said they would come back with a deposit but havent so far. Do i contact them or wait?

Kats Kids
13-06-2012, 07:50 AM
I too havn't had much luck finding mindees - Where have you been advertising so far?

little stars ch
13-06-2012, 11:46 AM
hi am newly registered and have new mindees after 5 weeks
i did

1.... got stickers for the car parked it everywhere possible
2..... got a fleece with childminding on
3.... put notices up everywhere
4 ...attend toddler groups if you feel silly on your own find out where they are and ring them ask if you bring some leaflets in would they hand them out for you
5.. talk to any one and every one always drop in that your a registered childminder
6... do you have a childminding adviors ? if so kept upto date with the local childminding groups go and talk talk talk even on your own these people will pass your details on when they cannot fill the spaces them selfs

good luck

caz3007
13-06-2012, 11:49 AM
Do you have a family information service in your county as find most of my enquiries have come from there along with word of mouth.

Mention to everyone you talk too that you are a childminder, I got a child come to me, when the conversation started, can you give me directions to the local school as I am new to the area :laughing:

dawnn93
13-06-2012, 02:41 PM
Hi Kat
Advertised everywhere websites (yell, google, childcare.co.uk, uk-care, library even outside my house lol but I know it does take a wee while but I thought I would have got a full timer by now. I found my cm group do I'm goning to that next week. Btw where u from?
Let me know if you get anyone :-)

dawnn93
13-06-2012, 02:42 PM
Little stars where u get the car stickers from?

sarah c
13-06-2012, 04:15 PM
hiya i got mine from vista

Little stars where u get the car stickers from?

little stars ch
13-06-2012, 04:39 PM
hi i google in my area :) for car stickers quite cheap 86 pound for two colours bk window and two sides but just do your ads everywhere and tell everybody

Tina O
13-06-2012, 06:09 PM
It can take time in my experience (I'm minding in my 4th area- married to the Army move lots!)

It will normally take 4 to 6 mths to get started. I moved to my now house February and have two parents visiting this week, one looking for July start and one ASAP and have a baby booked for Sept. I've been doing this for 10 years!

I do visit mum and tots groups - without children- and just say I would like to get to know what happens before I bring my mindees, likewise storytime at libaray or anywhere else I can find where children and parents meet, but I always try and speak to the organiser before hand and make sure they know I'm coming and wear CM my sweatshirt, take business cards etc.. so they don't think some loony has walked in.

Write to eveyone who helps and supports children, healthvisitors, schools, doctors, enclosing a poster and info about yourself.. What about the local churches, they can be involved with families and perhaps know of a family struggling with childcare problems.... send a poster to local vicar and ask if they have a local newsletter that your details can be included in...

Just some of the things I do..... but don't worry, work will come xx