PDA

View Full Version : over 6s

little stars ch
12-06-2012, 05:24 PM
hi think am stressing to much to get everything

am a new childminder ive got the contract now to have a 3 and 6 year old starting really soon:thumbsup: which i so excited about the 3 year old will be with me 4 full days a week term and holiday times

the boy is 6 and in school he will only be with me 4 until 6 in term times but in the holidays the full 4 days

am a bit lost at reading way to much and wonder how much you need to do with the 6 year old as in development and other work to keep :panic:

sarah707
12-06-2012, 05:29 PM
For a 6 year old you need a contract, child information form and permissions.

You should change the wording to take out questions about nappies and things and add in stuff about what he likes to do at home, where he goes at the weekends, favourite school lessons, hobbies etc.

You do not need to do anything developmental with older children - just make sure you are following his interests. He might like to keep a scrap book and put some photos etc in it but that's up to you.

I always do a behaviour agreement with older ones once they have settled in - asking them to help me with little ones etc...

Hth :D

little stars ch
12-06-2012, 05:40 PM
thankyou so much great idea about the scrap book i love it !! think i will use one and more for holidays that i have him for our trips/days out rather than just few hours after school in the week