PDA

View Full Version : help with speech?where to ask?

emimihkos
12-06-2012, 02:02 PM
hi,
Is anybody knows where should I seek help when my mindee is nearly 4 and she has problems even with her speech in her first language - I am Polish myself and I think that her Polish is very poor :( otherwise she is smart girl, such a star, tries to speak, but I need to guess what she is talking about...

just don't know where to ask...

loocyloo
12-06-2012, 02:43 PM
ask the health visitor, or at the childrens centre. they should be able to point you in the right direction.

good luck xxx

blue bear
12-06-2012, 05:02 PM
Does she attend pre school, ask the senco there, otherwise health visitor.

sarah707
12-06-2012, 05:11 PM
You must speak to the parents first - we are not allowed to approach anyone for help with a child without parents ok.

The parents must be the ones to decide how to support their child not us.

Sorry I know it's hard - I have been in exactly this situation - but we are not allowed to break confidentiality without parents permission.

I would suggest you organise a meeting with them, chat about your concerns and hope they listen to you.

Hugs for the little one x

emimihkos
12-06-2012, 05:11 PM
Thanks ...I will ask at pre-school first...

emimihkos
12-06-2012, 05:18 PM
Thank you Sarah ...
Actually her parents are worried as well and already asked me for advice...i said her mum to go and ask GP but she seems to be shy or ashamed That's her fault she didn't do anything earlier..her mum also said she speaks much better from the time she starts with me 3mths ago ...but still ...
Thanks for ur replies...

watgem
12-06-2012, 06:03 PM
have you looked at the Ecat monitoring progress sheet? I know its in english but it might help you and her parents find a starting point to share with the health visitor?