PDA

View Full Version : Planning Help Needed

EmmaCW
12-06-2012, 01:25 PM
Hi Everyone,

I am really needing to streamline my paper work as I think I do way too much and feel quite stressed at the amount of time on a night I'm spending getting things all together and sorted. Could anyone please give me a breakdown of how they plan, do obs, snapshots, photos etc and how they put this all together for parents/development books etc? Also do you think its prob worth waiting for till Sept now to implement anything different?

Thanks so much
Emma

sarah707
12-06-2012, 05:17 PM
If you are getting stressed about it now is the time to make changes!

A few brief words about what the child has enjoyed doing... a few words about what you have planned to follow the child's interests... a few brief observations and some photos...

Link it all to the EYFS Development Matters document and job done!

For older children you might want to plan things to follow their interests as a group - on their individual planning again just say what they have enjoyed and note some of their learning in observations.

You should not be spending your nights doing it! If you are then you are definitely doing too much. Most of mine is jotted down while the children are busy in the day. I can see them, talk to them, interact with them, stop if they want me to play with them...

Hth :D