PDA

View Full Version : potty training - every 30 mins

Hayley102
12-06-2012, 01:08 PM
Hi

I have a LO who has started potty training at home and mum puts her on every 30 mins. She has asked if I can continue this when we are at home. I think she will get confused going in and out of nappy pants but she isn't aware of wanting a wee so how long will it take her if we go cold turkey? I haven't used this method with my own so just wondered if others had experienced it.

JCrakers
12-06-2012, 01:13 PM
I usually potty train with Pullups for a couple of days and it's always worked for me...if they are ready.

I always ask every half an hour, sit them on and if they do a wee, lots of praise and a sticker. If they don't then no worries. I leave the pot where they can see it and keep reminding of where it is.
If they are ready it takes 2-3 days of this and then into big pants :D Fully trained in 5 days :D
I've potty trained a lot of children this way and it also means less wees on the floor which I wont have I case of crawling babies.

If they are not interested in the potty, don't want to sit on it or aren't bothered about the praise or stickers, we leave it for a few months and try again.

Plus I always say 'let's sit on the potty' with a big smile rather than 'do you want to sit on the potty now' as usually the child will be busy playing and will say no thanks. If it gets into routine the child is more likely to sit on it :D

funemnx
12-06-2012, 01:17 PM
I usually potty train with Pullups for a couple of days and it's always worked for me...if they are ready.

I always ask every half an hour, sit them on and if they do a wee, lots of praise and a sticker. If they don't then no worries. I leave the pot where they can see it and keep reminding of where it is.
If they are ready it takes 2-3 days of this and then into big pants :D Fully trained in 5 days :D
I've potty trained a lot of children this way and it also means less wees on the floor which I wont have I case of crawling babies.

If they are not interested in the potty, don't want to sit on it or aren't bothered about the praise or stickers, we leave it for a few months and try again.

Plus I always say 'let's sit on the potty' with a big smile rather than 'do you want to sit on the potty now' as usually the child will be busy playing and will say no thanks. If it gets into routine the child is more likely to sit on it :D

This is what I do :thumbsup: