PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!!!

little stars ch
12-06-2012, 12:13 PM
i can mind 4 children under 8

1 under 1
1 in early years as i have a 2yr old and 4 yr old ( who will be full time school in sept )

my husband has 2 children not living with us who come on a saturday night until sunday night every other week (on these weekends i dont mind any children )

if he were to stop working and be my assistant what numbers could i ask ofsted to vary my certificate too

JCrakers
12-06-2012, 12:24 PM
Do you work weekends? And these other two children come at weekends?

little stars ch
12-06-2012, 12:31 PM
hi i only work on the weekends that the other children dont come so when their here am not working as we use these weekends as our family weekends

funemnx
12-06-2012, 12:36 PM
I think it depends on floor space per square foot? I remember I had to register my assistant and then apply for a variation to increase numbers when working with my assistant. I had to measure the downstairs rooms, not including kitchen, bathroom/toilet or corridors

little stars ch
12-06-2012, 12:58 PM
ive messaged and it 22.2 am not sure if it worth changing :(

Wheelybug
12-06-2012, 04:30 PM
I know it's supposed to depend on the floor space, but I'm not totally convinced it makes a difference. I recently applied for a variation and had to measure the floor space. When I worked it out I didn't have enough space for the extra child, but still got the variation. Also I know husband and wife team childminders who don't have the floor space for the number of children they have but have still been given their full allocation each.

Cathy.

little stars ch
12-06-2012, 05:19 PM
really :) this would be fantastic filled all the paper work in so fingers crossed as hubby finishes work the 1st aug :)

pinkbutterfly
12-06-2012, 07:40 PM
My and my husband's numbers (he's a registered childminder) more than doubled when he registered. This is because they counted our own children once when working together. We can have 10 under 8s when working together. However on school runs and when only one of us minds we can only have 4 each. Our house is VERY spacious. HTH

kat27
13-06-2012, 07:22 PM
my mum works with me from my house, we're both registered childminders. I have an 18month old, a 4 yr old (going to school in sept) and a 6 yr old. when on my own i can have 1 under 5 and 2 over. obviously that will change in sept.

however when we work together we can have 4 under 5 and 4 over. my house inst huge but its a decent 3 bed house. HTH :)
kat

Babycat
13-06-2012, 10:08 PM
I know the National Care Standards require you as a professional setting to have a set amount of space per child BUT would you consider before having a baby measuring your house lol home from home.. and thats why I think a lot gets granted!

Sorry no help was just a thought x