PDA

View Full Version : another one ...needing some positive vibes for a change

Demonjill
12-06-2012, 07:45 AM
So my twins had given me notice few weeks back and finish before end June

Now today...another LO has given notice till July (will pay until then but actually finishes end June too):( his mum is due to go maternity leave anyway so i knew it was happening but its earlier than i thought:(

So now i need some fingers x and positive vibes for more mindees even if they start after holidays:)
Im so glad all my mindees are part time so i will still have some income but I hav another whos hours will drastically reduce as he goes to school after the holidays so as it stands my income will half:(

Im already ready to advertise but ive never had to before though

In meantime going to see if I can change days of one of my LO so i will only have to work 3 days for the same money instead of 5 days fingers x

Im more sad than i thought i would be tbh ive a horrible feeling in my tummy
and now ive got a problem for my inspection next month as at this rate will have no mindees:(

Rubybubbles
12-06-2012, 07:50 AM
hugs :(

I moved end of April and signed up a family part time who are paying a retainer until they start in July but thats it! I have had 2 no shows, 1 lady who said I have no kids so she doesn't want to use me, and another who was really keen asked to sign contracts but have heard nothing since ( I phoned yesterday but nothing, they don't need me until Sept and think they don't want to pay retainer!)

Oh and as for Ofsted mine was due Nov 11:laughing: the 'grape vine' is if you have been inspected under EYFS you won't be until after EYFS (2012) comes into place!

ah well (not much help am I lol!)

rickysmiths
12-06-2012, 07:55 AM
Sending positive vibes your way.

I have had lots of changes in the last year. I signed up with Childcare.co.uk. Waste of time for me lots of interviews and waste time and no one has ever signed.

My surprise since March has been the positive responses I have had to my add on Netmums. Three signed Contracts and two pending at the moment. I go on every day and I update my listing as soon as I go about six down so i click to the top of the list again I have also dated my vacancies and I update the date if you see what I mean and I have got more inquiries since I have done this I suppose people can see I am taking notice.

Zoomie
12-06-2012, 08:14 AM
Fingers crossed for you xx

I have two mindees leaving end of term as moving up to school and I have to give notice to another mindee cos my own DD starts school and I can't be at two places at the same time.

Come August I shall have 1 mindee 4x a week, another mindee 2x a week and my third mindee 2 half days a week :panic::panic::panic:

ziggy
12-06-2012, 08:47 AM
Thinking of you and keeping fingers crossed

I had full time family give notice (leaving end of this month) due to mummy having baby. I was so so worried, even started applying for any job i could find then another full time family (2 boys) turned up. So hopefully same will happen with you.

nikki thomson
12-06-2012, 10:41 AM
I hope something comes along, mindee's are like buses nothing for a while then loads turn up at once, I'm in the last week of notice period with my mindee as mum has been signed of sick with work (she's pregnant) not due till dec but she's been poorly, it came as a shock but I havn't had mindee for the notice period as mum is off so can't complain.
I have a new lo starting nov so I now have 5 months with no work apart from after schoolies (term time) but I'm loving it, my hubby is away in afghan and I'm enjoying having no children, I'm defrosting my fridge freezer today, sounds sad but there's so much to do in the house and now I have time to do, bliss!!. X