PDA

View Full Version : Am I crazy to think I can do this?

freckleonear
11-06-2012, 08:35 PM
I've just started the pre-registration process to become a childminder AND applied to do a part time Foundation Degree in Early Childhood studies (which I wanted to do even before I decided to become a childminder). I have a previous Foundation Degree in a different subject, so I do have some idea of the amount of work it will be. I also have 2 children of my own who are/will be home educated. Am I crazy or does it sound doable?

JoRo163
11-06-2012, 11:04 PM
You're brave lol

If you really want it, I'm sure you'll find a way. Have you already done your cypop5? I think do long as you're super organised and have good support while you're studying, then it can work, but not sure I'd want to take all that on at once!

I already have a level 4 child care qualification and 12 years experience and I chose to do the cypop5 before registering, to minimise my workload. But I'm sure it will work out if you plan, organise and stay focused!

Good luck!!!

Pipsqueak
12-06-2012, 05:47 AM
yes of course you can do it. Loads of us have studed up to level 6 whilst still juggling working and home life. Its not easy but it can be done. good luck :thumbsup:

fluff1975
13-06-2012, 09:21 PM
I think if you're committed, have got the right attitude, and plenty of support from family/friends then it's perfectly do-able. :)

freckleonear
30-06-2012, 05:56 PM
Thanks for the responses, it's good to know it is realistic.

I had my uni interview on Monday, which went really well and I got offered a place on the spot. I've just sent an email to our landlord asking for his written permission, so am nervously awaiting an answer to that!