PDA

View Full Version : Would you say something?

muffins
11-06-2012, 08:29 PM
I have told mindees parents I'm going on mat leave later in the year, I gave them a list of minders/numbers in the area with some recommendations and assumed that they would have a ring round. They have told me they intend to put mindee (who will be nearly 2) in nursery in Sept:(, mindee is a very timid little thing and is at her best when alone, it took her a long time to accept the other children in my setting and not freeze on the spot when they came near. It took her even longer to fully relax, 5mths for her to suddenly make some amazing progress and came completely out of her shell! I could be wrong but I feel she wouldn't do well in a nursery setting!

I feel like I have to say something but is it really my place to do so???

Pipsqueak
12-06-2012, 05:51 AM
How about doing a summary review and sitting down and talking to the parents in your professional 'opinion'

Mouse
12-06-2012, 07:55 AM
I think I would say something, but probably in a round about way.

I'd tell them what a wonderful thing X did today and how it shows that her confidence has grown so much and how you hope being in a bigger nursery setting doesn't shake her confidence and set her back again.

At the end of the day it's the parents' choice where they send her, but I would have to tell them I didn't think it was the best option for her.