PDA

View Full Version : Query regarding petrol please?

Lear
11-06-2012, 06:41 PM
Hi there, I'd really appreciate some advice regarding claiming expenses for petrol please?

On average I drive around 15 miles per week whilst childminding (taking mindees to toddlers, etc). I am newly registered and trying to keep as up to date as possible with my accounts but unfortunately I do not have sufficient receipts to prove this mileage (I do not have one petrol receipt, although always pay by card so can be proven by my statement). Is it worth claiming for these 10 miles without a receipt?

Thank you in advance.

Trouble
11-06-2012, 06:48 PM
i never kept petrol receipts just wrote in the journey :thumbsup:

aly
11-06-2012, 07:11 PM
you dont need receipts for this.....you cant claim for petrol adn mileage 1 or the other.

funemnx
11-06-2012, 07:17 PM
You can claim 45p per mile for the driving you do for childminding. This amount includes petrol and maintenance of the car. You don't need receipts for the petrol because it's included in the mileage claim. :thumbsup:

toddlers896
04-07-2012, 07:21 AM
You can claim 45p per mile for the driving you do for childminding. This amount includes petrol and maintenance of the car. You don't need receipts for the petrol because it's included in the mileage claim. :thumbsup:

do we have to keep a note eveyday of the mileage that we do

loocyloo
04-07-2012, 07:28 AM
i keep a record of journeys made each week. ie school, toddlers, shop, friends and then work out the mileage from there.

rickysmiths
04-07-2012, 08:25 AM
I keep a little note book in my car and jot down journeys as they are made otherwise I tend to forget the odd shopping trip or trip to the bank etc.

BucksCM
04-07-2012, 08:28 AM
As well as note in my diary the journeys I make, I also have a list of places i go and the miliage and the cost....make it easier when I'm doing my accounts to have the handy list:D