PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding numbers

JCrakers
11-06-2012, 06:34 PM
I look after a little girl who turned 3 in January 4 full days a week and have done since she was 8m old.
Mum asked me about nursery ed funding but the council in leics made it too complicated for me so I didn't go ahead...some stupid business plan I had to produce. I'm really cross actually and she's not happy either as it was paperwork for paperworks sake.

Anyway, Mum said she was so happy with the care i give her dd that she would continue to send dd to me and wouldn't use her 15 free hours but has now has changed her mind due to finances.
So she's looking at a preschool 2 days a week (6hrs a day) or a nursery a full 10hr day.
If she chooses the preschool I will probably be having her from 8am and dropping her off at preschool at 9.10am and picking her up again at 2.50pm. This means I won't find it easy to fill her space with another child as it will only leave me space between 910am and 250pm.
Am I right in thinking by Sept when she will start preschool that Ofsted will allow me to have 3 under 5s as well as this child? Although what if it's new business?

Although I think I may suggest to Mum that it will work better if she does one full day at a nursery.

The Juggler
11-06-2012, 06:44 PM
I would suggest to mum that she uses up her funding with 2 full days at nursery - you are right it will make it far easier for you to fill those spaces.:thumbsup:

Rubybubbles
11-06-2012, 06:47 PM
ignore me:laughing:

JCrakers
11-06-2012, 07:08 PM
Does it have to be used over two days?

JCrakers
11-06-2012, 07:10 PM
ignore me:laughing:

You been on the wine? :D

sarah707
11-06-2012, 07:26 PM
You can wrap another child around the child - and you can risk assess if there's a short time overlap because you can fiddle with your ratios for under 5s borrowing from the older ratios as long as you do not go over the 6 under 8 rule.

However Ofsted are clear that variations must be the exception not the norm so bear that in mind.

Hth :D

watgem
11-06-2012, 07:58 PM
isn't it 3 under 5, and when the child is in school full time, then they no longer count in your under 5's? I think you would need to get a variation to include another under 5. the nursery placement would probably be better for you as it would free up an under 5 space for a whole dayxxxxx

miffy
11-06-2012, 08:02 PM
You can wrap another child around the child - and you can risk assess if there's a short time overlap because you can fiddle with your ratios for under 5s borrowing from the older ratios as long as you do not go over the 6 under 8 rule.

However Ofsted are clear that variations must be the exception not the norm so bear that in mind.

Hth :D

You see that's where I'm getting confused - what is the difference between that and my 4 yo who is at school all day (but not in fte yet) so only coming to me before and after school but I can't take on another under five until the 4yo is in fte?

Miffy xx

The Juggler
11-06-2012, 08:49 PM
Does it have to be used over two days?

do you know what, ignore me. it's actually 3 days at the moment :( So the best she could do would be 2 1/2 -3 days with pre-school nursery then the rest with you. sorry hon.