PDA

View Full Version : woman claiming to be a childminder and not registered

little stars ch
11-06-2012, 05:36 PM
a new mum of my mindee told me a young woman is saying she childminder for all ages and charging 22 pound a day this does make me mad when we are all doing things the right way it isnt untill this lady asked for more information that she told her she a young mum of 2 and isnt registered so she wouldnt be able to claim childcare money as she was new mum and said this in passing am now wondering if i should ask more questions as to where this lady is and her name but then what should i do with the information? as she is telling these parents she not registered :(

sarah707
11-06-2012, 06:19 PM
There's a lot of it about and it is so wrong ... the children are not protected and there is no guarantee they are safe or anything.

You can report her if you know who she is and she is working illegally.

Hold your head high you know you are doing the right things! :D

little stars ch
11-06-2012, 07:22 PM
lucky at the min nobody has taken this lady up yet ...... but am more worried now that what if a family not able to claim childcare and take their children their ( hopefully parents wont due to no checks it would be like given your child to someone on the street to look after them)

thankyou :)

Ripeberry
11-06-2012, 07:30 PM
There is an unregistered CM up at our school and several families use her as she is recomended by family friends. She cares for quite a few and now has a minibus. Today I counted six children that she was minding and two were only 5yrs old.
The parents know what they are doing. She knows what she is doing. And if for some reason she stops 'minding' I won't be offering places to those families either as if they will go with unregistered people then I won't have any respect for them :mad:

little stars ch
11-06-2012, 07:45 PM
i cannot beleive in this day and age that parents are willing and allowing to make this easy for people i myself would never dream to leave my children with someone on a basis that the prices are "cheap" my children mean alot more to me than any price!! their is but a reason these people havent registered i my self just looked into going on the over 8s register but quickly changed my mind when i was told i wouldnt be registered as i wouldnt leave mine with anybody unregistered :( then the childminders that do things correct have these un registered childminders given us bad names

miffy
11-06-2012, 08:26 PM
I'm not sure Ofsted would be interested unless ahe was actually looking after children but there's nothing to stop ringing and asking :D

Miffy xx

little stars ch
11-06-2012, 08:32 PM
think you would need proof and if she telling the parents she un registered then all they have to say is their helpping out !! :( if she was claiming to be registered i think it would be a different matter

miffy
11-06-2012, 08:37 PM
I still think the onus is on her to register - it doesn't matter if parents know she is unregistered.

I understand what you mean about saying she's helping out but if she was caring for large numbers of children then I don't think Ofsted would believe it came under childminding for friends.

Perhaps you just have to hope she doesn't get any takers and gives up trying.

Miffy xx

little stars ch
11-06-2012, 09:22 PM
am going to ask my new mum where she found this lady at and i think she is minding atm think i will ring ofsted too for peace of mind x:D

watgem
12-06-2012, 07:46 AM
i think ofsted may be interested if she is caring for children for more than 2 hours per day and charging for this, even if she is cheap.

ziggy
12-06-2012, 08:52 AM
I posted about a similar situation in my village. 2 teachers use an unregistered minder because she is cheaper. I only charge £20 a day and to be honest it really really annoys me BUT nothing will be done. How can Ofsted or Tax man prove she isnt doing it as a favour for a family friend????????

It's about time the law was changed. Having just spent £100 for a fire risk assesment i wonder sometimes why parents are so careless about their children's welfare

Ripeberry
12-06-2012, 11:03 AM
That's the problem with villages. They all close ranks if they think their little 'bit of heaven' is threatened :rolleyes: I'm just glad that I do things correctly and to the letter of the law.
They only have themselves to live with if anything goes wrong..

The Juggler
12-06-2012, 01:11 PM
the problem is, if deregulation goes ahead, then it won't be illegal to practice this way, nor will parents be told its "wrong" to use unregistered childcare. Certainly these non registered CM's won't be joining any new 'networks' that are created in place of ofsted.

I hope our petition doesn't fall on deaf ears :panic::panic: